Ok calling all computer nerds lol lol lol

I know my fare share about computers enough to fix one if its broke and clean viruses and such out but I need to know something that I do not know. ok so here it is I am running windows Xp Professional version 2002 with service pack 3 I have a AMD duron(tm)Processor 1.19Ghz 496 MB of ram I have no virus's or such on my comp and out of the my comp just started running slow for some reason I have reformatted my hard drive and I have hardly any thing on my comp so I need help!
@emilie2300 (1891)
have you defraged and cleaned the cookies out sometimes that helps to speed up your computer
Yes I do that all the time I know all about the cookies and how to defrag I am at a loss most of the time I can find what the problem is and well If I cant then I know someone that can so..... I have no clue
I understand your fustrations belive when I was teaching computers and I couldnt nail the problem I get so fustrated and sometimes beyond that it was always a challege for me but I loved it getting down to the botton of what the problem was. Ok so hear is another suggestion for you to try. can you try and restore your computer to the day before it started accting up and see if that works for you.
@rosdimy (3936)
Did you install the latest drivers? Are you using the default Directx? If so, try installing Direct X 9.0c for Wndows XP. It worked in the past, but I cannot guarantee it will work on yours. Installing the latest Direct X usually speeds up the graphical rendering of Windows, so everything else goes faster. all the best, rosdimy
you know thank you for some reason I just forgot about Direct x duh lol lol thanks again it fixed it right up!
@thezone (9451)
That is a strange one. I was going to say reformat your hard drive and reinstall windows, but you have already done that. I always found a reinstall speeds up a clunky slow system sometimes. So I am at a loss what to suggest. I hope someone out their has some good advice for you.