Discuss your feelings on the following statement :

@SomeCowgirl (32273)
It takes money to make money. I know that I have heard this saying before and I don't think that I have actually ever thought of what it could possibly mean. I would have to say though that in a basic way it would mean that to look your best and the most professional you might need to buy clothing to make you look suave, then it might just mean investments. So what do you think this phrase means? What does it mean to you?
@elitess (5077)
• Ipswich, England
I think it means just what it says... in the sense that if you have money and a bit of brain, it is quite easy to make some more. Like mentioned, investments are a good way, but a bit more risky, but there is also the choice of saving (less risky, but less profitable as well). Buying or creating a company, firm, restaurant etc, all of these require money, a first start-up capital, so they all need money in order to make money.
@SomeCowgirl (32273)
Very true, businesses do take money (investments) to make money (capital). Elitess, I haven't responded back to you and I'm sorry. I am trying to go through all of my discussions but first skimming to the very last ones if I can. Well In any case, I am glad you shared your opinion with me. Hope your doing well and happy new year!
@hellcowboy (7383)
This is a good discussion baby and that is a very well known saying and I am sure that a lot of people use that saying a lot,and I am sure that different people have different ideas on what it means,I am sure that some people probably thinks it means one thing,while other people think it means something totally different,and no one knows if they are right on what it means or not,and I have never really put much thought into what the phrase means but I guess I would say it means that you have to actually spend money on something like a business,or on something you want to sell like crochet,or other crafts,before you can actually make money by selling whatever you are selling,or by doing whatever else your business might do to make an honest buck,or like you said it could mean that you have to invest money in places like the stock market in order to make money,I love you with all my heart and soul,have a great day,good luck with all your mylotting goals,and Happy Posting.
@SomeCowgirl (32273)
The great thing about mylot is all the diversity and different knowledge. Also sometimes you can find someone who's country was the country a statement, cause, food, or any other thing originated from. Well I know what you mean about the saying and what it may or may not mean and what other people feel about it. I appreciate the response and I love you with all of my heart and soul.