i got cheated!....

@TnWoman (1896)
hello everybody here at Mylot. after that i dropped off my ten year old son at the bus stop this morning, i kept on going to the Dollar General Store for a few items that we needed around the house and some food items that i really didn't need, but i bought them anyways. the Dollar General Store has those snacks in a bag called Combo's. they have the cheese kind of them and the pizza flavor is all at my Dollar Store. so i walked past these this morning when that i was shopping and i decided to purchase myself some for my lunch today. well, lunch time rolled around and i opened my delicious bag of my Combo snacks, was munching away and then i reached into the bag to get another Combo to eat it, and ewww, it didn't have any pizza filling in it. it was as hard as a brick on the inside part of it when i went to bite into it! yuck. so tell me, have you ever been eating those Combo snacks like that and ran across one of them that didn't have any filling on the inside of it? or any other snack that should have came with something or filled with something that the filling wasn't it? thanks for sharing and have a beautiful afternoon.
Hi TnWoman, You should have gone back and complain, yes I once bought a bag of doughnuts with jam fillings but when I bit into it, no jam so I took it back to the shop as I had othe doughnuts and the lady cut the other doughnuts into half and no jam, so I got the lot for nothing, she give me my money back and i kept the doughnuts, but I love them without jam too, so it was nice.Love and hugs. Tamara
Yeah I have had this happen to me too. Not just with stuff from the dollar stores but even from like Krogers, it is annoying but I know sometimes things happen. If you felt that you were cheated check and see if there is a 1800 number on the back and let the company know what happen. They will probably send you some free coupons or something like that, you won't feel as cheated than. I hope this helps and have a good day, even if you feel cheated, worst things could happen. Happy mylotting too!
@tudors (1556)
oh, what a nuisance. I have never experienced such a thing ! but, in a way, yes, last week, i went to Mack's Bakery, it serves western cakes, cheese, muse, things like that. I bought a piece of moose cake, at least the shop assistant told me so, but when i ate it, i found it was only cream cake, hard butter, not soft moose at all !
@ljbinkop (744)
The only thing that came close to this sad moment in my life was when I bought some Slim Jims from my Dollar store, and one of them was BAD! I had never tasted bad meat up until this point, but I'm sure not to forget it soon. It was nasty beyond belief, and I almost threw up!
@sandymay48 (2031)
I have to tell you this story. One night my hubby and I went out for dinner at a chinese food restaurant..one of my favourite foods and my favourite restaurant in the neighbourhood.. I was starving and couldnt wait for the food to arrive. You know how you are when you are real hungry and anticipating that first bite. Well my dinner finally arrived, and as usual I eat the egg roll first. I always do. I get the plum sauce and smother my egg roll..YUMMMMMMMMY!! No time for the knife and fork, I grab the egg roll and gingerly lift it to my mouth so I dont spill a drop of that delicious plum sauce... 1-2-3- chomp!!!..LIke Im starved!!...Only instead of a nice meaty eggroll, I bit my lip!!..The whole eggroll was swollen up nice and juicy...with air!!!!....There was no filling at all!!! What a huge disappointment when your hungry!!! I did get another one though!
@Humbug25 (12551)
Hey there TnWoman Aww wow when I lived in America I loved Combo's but only the cheesey ones, my mouth is watering even now as I type, I miss Combo's terribley!! They sold them for a short while here in the UK but I guess sales weren't very high so they stopped stocking them . Anyway, yes I have had a KitKat before now when one of the fingers didn't have any wafer in it and it was a stick of solid chocolate which was still yummy!! I'm gonna dream about cheese Combo's tonight now!!
@faith210 (11233)
Hi Tnwoman! I do love combos and there was just one time that I did get one piece without any fillings. lol..I got cheated too! I had same experience with some biscuits with fillings too and I guess, it happens once in awhile when production of these snacks failed to pass quality check! lol.. Take care and have a great day! lovelots..faith
@vicky30 (4777)
Yes we sometimes get cheated at stores.Because the items are all packed we can't find out anything.You can go back to the store if its not far away and replace it for another combo here.Here too sometimes when i order foods like snack items i will find the sweet tomato sauce missing.Once i placed a few orders and didn't get the banana chips.I called back and it was sent to me in half an hour.
@busibee (187)
I shop at Dollar General and the .99 cent store also... sometimes you can get some really good deals on items there like holiday items or school supplies. Sometimes I do buy the food, but I ALWAYS make sure to check the expiration date on everything. A lot of times those discount stores get the food items and can sell them for cheap because the items are very close to expiration (and many times the employees don't care enough to go through and discard the items that are past expiration). I remember once I bought some mixed nuts (in a can - there were suppose to be almonds, peanuts, cashews, etc etc...) but when I opened it it was nothing but peanuts with a few almonds. Nothing else. I called the manufacturer and they apologized and said they would send me some coupons (never came). It makes you wonder... what happened to the quality control?!
Take it easy. Similar things I meet very much. Tell you what happened several month ago, I saw a woman selling salted-eggs(a chinese food) and I bought one egg and asked her weather the egg was good and not moldy, her told me that all the eggs were good because it was winter, so I was very happy and bought it. But when I returned to home and eat it with a steamed bread, I found the egg was bad and moldy. I was so angry and ran back to find the woman, but I found nothing even a ghost.So...... but I don't mind because it is normal in my city.
I am fortunate that I have never had this happen to me with combos (which I love) or with any other kind of snacks. I would hate for it to happen though. It must have been absolutely disgusting when that happened. EEEEEEEEW. That would turn me right off of eating whatever I was eating, if that happened.
@Opal26 (17690)
Hey TnWoman! I have had that sort of thing happen to me when I was eating snack things before too! Sometimes those kinds of snacks just get through those machines that they are made in and some of them just don't get made right and the machines have no way to check to see if they come out right or wrong! I guess you really should look at everything that you put in your mouth before you actually take a bite because you never know what might happen!
I do not eat those combos but have had that very thing happen with some cookies. I bought some "Mother's" gaucho cookies, the kind that have the peanut butter filling inside. I was so good and did not touch the bag until about a week later when I just had to have something sweet. I got a glass of milk, the bag of cookies out of the cupboard and sat down to watch America's Funniest Videos. As I was watching the television, I opened up the bag of cookies and took about 5 of them out. I took a bite and noticed that it just did not taste right, so I looked; NO filling. This happens occassionally so I got another cookie and it, too, had no filling. None of the cookies that I had pulled out of the bag had any filling. I opened up the bag all the way and none of the cookies had filling. What a disappointment for my sweeth tooth. I did take the bag back to the store when I went next and they replaced my cookies, but that did not help much the night I really had that sweetooth and gave in. Well, maybe it did help, because I did not consume all those calories. LOL
lolllllllllll sure it has happened to me..many times..
@Jae2619 (1484)
Oh yeah, it seems to happen alot in the bags of combos. It about makes you wanna gag, or you feel you've broke a tooth. It's always disappointment to find one of those. Wish there was a way that it could be avoided.
@carolbee (16241)
That happened once to me when I was eating the combos filled with cheese. Must have been one the machine missed when picking out the perfect combos. Would be fun to send the one combo back and tell the maker you wanted another bag and wait to see what happens. Might end up with a case. Ok, maybe I am dreaming..lol
@katsmeow1213 (29047)
I've noticed that happens a lot with combos! But I really don't eat them much anymore. The outside is too crunchy for me.
@dragon54u (31636)
I LOVE Combos!! Especially the pizza flavored ones. And yes, I've encountered a few that had no filling or were hard as a rock. I haven't had them in a long time, though. Once I looked at the calories and the serving size, I figured I wanted to spend my calories on something else! But they're so good, I may have to pick up a bag next time I'm at Walmart.
@savypat (20246)
Do you believe you get what you pay for? Looks like you just proved the old saying. Sorry you got cheated but at least you didn't break a tooth on it, that would have really been bad. I never buy food at the dollar store. I think it's 2nd and old. I do buy at Walmart and sometimes it's not as good as it should be either.