New places since going around the world

@maximax8 (27048)
I went around the world when I was 20 years old. I had to pick a route and couldn't include all the places that I wanted to go to. I was able to go to Sydney and it is m favorite city. I was 29 years old before on a different trip I got to San Francisco and it is my third favorite city. I was 36 years old on another trip before I got to Cape Town and that is my second favorite city. I still have Cartagena and Vancouver on my travel wish list. Have you found any favorite places? Are there any places you haven't been to yet but you want to?
Mt. Pleasant, Michigan is my favourite place on Earth. It's a small town where everyone seems relatively friendly, and I just feel so safe and at home there. The one city I've travelled to which I wouldn't really want to stay is Los Angeles. So Sydney was your favourite city? Why is that? What did you like about it? I've spent a fair bit of time in Sydney and the landmarks are great - The Opera House, Sydney Harbour, Taronga Zoo.... but overall I'm not fussed on the city, and definitely wouldn't want to live there.
@maximax8 (27048)
I haven't yet been to Mount Michigan but imagine it is lovely there. I have been to Los Angeles three times now due to flight schedules. I prefer San Diego down the coast and Santa Barbara up the coast because they are smaller and more picturesque. Sydney is my favorite city because of its stunning harbor. I simply adore the white sails of the opera house and the gray harbor bridge. I like the beaches that stretch north of the harbor leading up to pretty Palm Beach and the southern beach and south like Coogee. I love the botanical gardens and seeing all the friendly parrots.
@faith210 (11233)
Hi maximax8! You are very fortunate to at least travel so many places. I still have a lot of countries/places I want to see. I have been to a few countries and maybe if I will be lucky, I wish to travel the whole world. Each country has beautiful places and beautiful experiences one can see and have. Take care and have a great day! lovelots..faith
Spitz, Austria, is my favorite city. I should really call it a town, or even a village, as it is very small and quaint. I ended up there while on a cruise on the Danube, and we had to make an emergency stop at their port. It was absolutely breathtaking!
@salonga (27969)
How lucky could you be. I wish I am like you but sadly I am not so happy riding airplanes. I work in a company where free airtickets are given every year but I only convert mine most of the time to cash because I don't like to ride airplanes. But I do travel a lot locally. I love seeing the beautiful places in my country. I do have riden planes as well but those are short trips anyway so did not really give me discomfort.
@Darkwing (21590)
I loved the Columbia Gorge, in Oregon. It's a beautiful place to go... the river is very wide and between hills on either side. As if that wasn't scenic enough, there were waterfalls, and all manner of attractions in this area. Also, when I was a lot younger, I lived in Germany for three years. Whilst I was there, I travelled about a bit, and visited the dams that were bombed with the bouncing bombs during the War. They were awesome, especially Mohnesee Dam. The lake itself was enormous, and there was a wide walkway within the wall of the dam, which had turrets intermittently placed. When you looked down the other side, you could imagine the devastation caused by the bombings. It was a heck of a way down there, and when you reached the other end of the wall, they had preserved one of the bouncing bombs and had it on show. Brightest Blessings my friend.
I haven't found any particular favourite places. Enjoy travelling mostly in the countryside, but built-up areas, by or on the water are good too, too add to the variety. Would like to to back to India again, to explore new areas of it, such as Goa or Poona, down in the south. It is such a vast country, full of interest, spirituality. There is quite a bit of poverty there, but the people on the whole are friendly and easy to get alone with. Saying this, India is now supposed to have quite a sizeable 'middle class'. Would like to go back to Argentina again, too. Mostly because I have an aunt and three cousins over there. But also, Argentina is a large country, with much to explore, and with different climates as it stretches from the tropics down close to the southern polar regions! A journey that sounds quite appealing to make, if it were possible financially and practically is a huge, long rail journey, through the Russian states and China, with plenty of stops to explore. Or better still, maybe an overland truck tour, such as with a company like "Encounter Overland", once went on an excellent safari for five weeks in Africa, in 1993. Very good - plenty of wildness and friendly companions too!
@bombshell (11268)
looks like you are travelling around the world maxi.you dont mind if i join you?.well i have so many dream places to visit but the problem is i scared to fly,second the financial problem.this time travelling is impossibe to do