The Save America Comprehensive Immigration Act of 2009

Well you knew it was coming. After what happened last time you knew they would try again. A new bill has been introduced under the name of " The Save America Comprehensive Immigration Act of 2009 ". Sounds sweet and nice huh? Well read it. http://washingtonwatch.com/bills/show/111_HR_264.html It is basically a bigger version of the "dream act". And of course it gives the illegals in this country amnesty among other things. The American public crashed the phone lines last time they tried this. They threw should a fit that congress dropped it. Do you think that will happen again? Will people care enough to do it again? Will congress listen? Tell me what you think.
@xParanoiax (6999)
I betcha it's 'cause most of our illegal immigrants seem to be fleeing the country, what do you wanna bet? O_O
na this was on the dems wish list of things they have wanted for years. They really took it personally when the public screamed no last time. you knew they were going to try again.
@irishidid (8563)
I'm going to learn how to make hand baskets so we can all go to hell in them because that's where the States are headed for.
Wait to make the baskets....right now is the time to fight back. We should be on the phones to our elected officials and in the streets demonstrating (peacefully of course).
@irishidid (8563)
Just in case peaceful doesn't work we may need the hand baskets to give to old ladies to swing. Only they could get away with it.
hey don't underestimate the power of grandmas. Mine was a force to be rekoned with. I would have put her up against anyone every day. that is what we need. Ticked of granny's we could call it the granny bridage.
@laglen (19782)
I figured they would try to push through as much of this crap as possible. While we are all worried about the economy, they are pushing through all kinds of crap.
exactly. that is why we have to watch and keep up with what they are doing.
@Adoniah (7515)
Those of you who cannot afford stamps can flood email boxes the same way you can flood mail boxes. Your Congressmen and women will still get the message even if they delete most of them. They can toss snail mail too. Just smother them!! Shalom~Adoniah
THose do help but in experience phone calls and faxes work the best. Elected officials do not always check their email. they have an intern do it and they just forward anything really important along to the elected official. Which means it could be deleted or you will just a form letter reply printed by the intern without the elected official seeing it. But faxes and phone calls they do get. And you have a better chance of getting a real response instead of a form letter.
@gewcew23 (8011)
Lilwonders let us face it the Democrat party is out to destroy America while they have control all the branches government. Democrats control the House and can pass anything they want to. Democrat with three Rinos control the Senate and can pass anything they want to. Obama will sign this bill. The biggest thing is let us face it there is not a thing you and me can do about it. A vast majority of American were against this last time yet two men who voted for the last bill, and one of them had his name on the bill, ran for President. Last year a majority of both the House and Senate voted for the bill, the only reason the the bill did not land on Bush's desk for him to sign was enough GOP Senators filibuster the bill. Sorry to say but that will not happen this time. Even though a majority of American were against the Obama/Pelosi/Reid spending bill it still passed. Not only that but the House Democrat just voted for another round of spend at the tune of 410 billion dollars. Guess what they do not care anymore about what we think. Our lawmakers think they are royalty and our just smarter than us the subjects.
then we need to step it up. Crash their phone lines with too many calls, call or email the political talk shows on the radio and TV. I mean really flood them. And then if htey will not listen to us....we take to the streets. If the illegals can protest in the streets....so can we.
@spalladino (17925)
I have two things to say considering my post above. The Cubans down here are safe...the illegals in Maryland are not. I will be burning up the phone lines and I just bought 40 forever stamps today and I know how to use them. When American citizens can't support their families any longer because of these illegals, it's time for ALL Americans to stand up and speak out about this.
I hope a lot of people do the same thing. It is going to take a lot of people telling our elected official no to stop it. But it can be done. It was done last time. We stopped it. We can stop it again.
There is a video on YouTube that explains the bill. It's a clip from a CNN news show I believe. It's from either CNN or MSNBC one. But anyway, it spells out the benefits and perks that the illegals will get. No back taxes. Renewable visas that when they expire can be renewed over and over again for an infinite number of times. Gang members who are illegal can pledge to opt out of gangs and get amnesty. It's really sickening. I can't copy and paste yet or I'd paste the link to the video, but it really angered me when I saw it. It's so maddening that people will spend billions of billions of dollars to keep illegal imigrants happy while citizens of this country go to bed hungry and cold because they can't afford food to eat or their utility bill to stay warm, but yet that same goverment throws billions of dollars every year at illegals to give them housing and proper medical care.
Hopefully people will do as they did last time and tell their elected officials NO and keep telling them no til they listen.