What 5 things would you take?

Here we are going hypothetical.. Tomorrow you are being dropped off on a desserted island for a period of one month. You are allowed only to bring 5 items that you can carry with you. What would they be? Sorry but the spouses and significant others, have to stay home! You are going this one alone! On this island there are small wild animals, coconut and pineapple trees, and other vegetation, and a small shelter for you to sleep in. None of the animals are dangerous.
@uath13 (8207)
1. my survival knife ( & all it's contents ) 2. extra clothing 3. rubber boots 4. fishing pole 5. hammer With those 5 items I should be able to survive comfortably almost anywhere.
@uath13 (8207)
It has a flint & steel ( for lighting fires ) , a wire saw, a small mirror ( for signaling & such ), some twine , extra fish hooks, Some bandage cloth, antiseptic wipes & probably some other odds & ends I managed to shove into it's handle. I guess I could go ahead & screw it onto it's extension pole ( turning it into a hollow spear ) & allow it to carry even more stuff.
Very interesting question that you ask. Believe it or not, I have thought about this very question in the past. Only I gave myself 10 items and not 5. Oh my gosh, I have to carry all of this stuff? It cannot be air dropped, eh? I would take matches for sure. Only way to get a fire started, is matches. I would need a fire to keep warm and to cook. A fire could also be used for signaling if need be. The smoke from the fire would keep most of the insects away. I would bring lots of drinking water for my second item. I would bring a good antiseptic wash for my third item. Being alone, with no medical care, I could not afford an infection from a cut or scrape or bite. I would bring my survival knife with me for item number 4. Item number 5 is probably one of the most important - duct tape. You can do so many things with duct tape. Use it as a plate to eat off; peel a strip of it and roll it up and do this twice and you have a set of chopsticks to eat with. Stick on the ground with sticky side up and you can catch some edible insects (protein); Hang a strip of it above the sleeping area to catch flies and other flying pests. The uses of duct tape are practically limitless. So how is that for a list?
hehehehehe...great answer!!...duct tape is sooooooo versatile..I think you should try them insects you are going to catch,deep friend with banana leaves!!
@monsterj1 (188)
1. Television with DVD built in 2. Generator 3. Enough fuel for the generator for the month 4. A Lost series on DVD 5. Plenty of Popcorn
very original answer...But I wouldnt want to meet you in a dark alley...if you can carry all of that, you would be kind of scarey! But that sounds like an answer I would give for sure! Thanks for your response
@wildcat48 (782)
1 flint 2 bid trash bag 3 camping cook ware 4 knife 5 hairbush
1. lots of sunblock 2. lotions 3. dental care 4. extra clothes 5. utility knife
@fasttalker (2797)
So I have to carry all of these things huh? #1 my big beach tote that will carry my other 4 items (this tote folds out into a blankt that I can lay on) I must be thinking multi-purpose here! #2 Inside my tote I am taking water...all that I can carry and still leave room for my other 3 items #3 A multi purpose knife that has all those otherwise useless tools on it. I'm sure I'll find a use here in a month's time #4 Matches to build me a fire with #5 A radio with Duracell batteries in it (that way I can count it as one item) Now surely I can sneak a bar of soap in that bag without it being counted! Ok I'm ready...I sure hope these wild animals are ready to be the guest of honor for dinner! LOL
Hi fasttalker, yes you have to carry all these things. After I saw what the person above is bringing, I am going to be extra nice to them if they can carry all of that.. I like your thinking...lol...very versatile...I was surprised that nobody said matches yet until you did...They either like to eat their meat raw or they are ancient fire starters!!!.. And no you cant take the soap!!...lol...who do you think is going to smell you anyway?? Do you have someone else hidden in that big tote bag?.
No soap??? Ok good point noone will be there to smell me anyway! ROFL