Chicken

When I was a little girl my family used to put orange juice in the pan we were baking chicken in. we also used orange shasta. Has anyone else ever tried this?
@sandymay48 (2031)
Yes I have done this as well. I have also made an orange sauce out of mustard , orange juice and honey and basted the chicken with it. It was a yummy sweet but tangy flavour. I also use this on pork chops as well.
@mysdianait (63950)
mmm that's new tome but it sounds delicious!
@lilybug (21182)
My mom used to make this stuff she found a recipe for in a cook book. It was called Chicken 49. It had orange juice, cinnamon, water, corn starch and something else that made a sauce that you simmer the chicken in. It is really good on rice.
@mysdianait (63950)
I have never done it but I like the idea in the first response and I shall definately be trying that really soon!
@SomeCowgirl (32273)
I've heard of this but I don't think my family has ever made it that way. It sounds like it would be an interesting taste though, lol!