What will you do when somebody interrupts you when you are talking?

@Bebs08 (10689)
To me? it is very annoying and rude!! but there are people who are like that. They don't even say excuse me, but just interrupt you and start talking also about their own concern while you are not even finish much more when you are at the height of your excitement in your conversation and somebody would just bat in? It upsets me.. It drives me nuts!!!! There are times that I am having a hard time controlling myself...my actions will really show that I am upset. what about you? what will you do?
@checapricorn (16066)
[i]Hi Bebs, If it's a close friend, I can afford to say, let me finish before you talk! LOL! You know, in our culture, we can joke harshly with or without meaning! LOL! But, if it's an acquaintance, I experienced that and I always end up to be her listener, I allowed her to talk and talk repeatedly even if she shared the topic already many times and after that, I just stop seeing her! Not healthy for me! lOL![/i]
@Bebs08 (10689)
Hi Che, I think you're right!! in our culture, we can joke harshly ahahhaha!!! I can agree with you, it is not healthy indeed because you will end up upset..I had that experience too, I did not listen but I say.. excuse me.. I still have something to do.. I was kind of rude too..
I[i] am wondering what made them like that really....Maybe they have their personal problem and insecurities or whatever! When I got here and met this lady I am talking about, I didn't like it on the first day and I told myself, I will not stay longer with this girl....She needs a robot to listen to her![/i] LOL!
@eichs1 (1934)
I was presenting something in one organization's seminar when everyone tried to air their comment about what I am showing them. I keep quiet for more than a minute and every body stopped talking as soon as they realized that I was no longer explaining. It's an effective trick. Another technique is to raise my voice a little and tell my audience that I am giving everyone a chance to talk and would appreciate if one of them volunteers to start sharing his/her opinion to everybody. But during informal talks, I simply ask the interrupter to wait and let me finish first. Sometimes, a hand signal or a stare will do but there are instances where I really have to stop the interruption. I do it wittily though to avoid embarrassing anyone.
@Bebs08 (10689)
Well, that is a diplomatic way to let the interrupters realized they rude for doing that. Your style is good... thanks for sharing.
@silverjam (969)
yes that would be very disgusting. I would probably said: "hey, wait let me finish what am talking before you interrupts, ok?"
@Bebs08 (10689)
Well, it is easy to say that when the one who interrupt is just a friend what if other people who is not your friend but a friend of the one you are talking to? Do you have the nerve to reprimand? hahaha.. annoying.
Crinkle my brow or ignore what they have said, manners 101 needs to be retaught.
@Bebs08 (10689)
hahaha!! 101 manners is exciting to be learned...
@Opal26 (17690)
Hey Bebs! I understand how you feel! It is very rude when someone butts in while you are in the middle of speaking! I don't know why people do that! There are people now a days that have no manners and just don't know how to be polite and wait their turn until someone is finished speaking! It is really all a question of manners when it comes down to it! Rude people are everywhere and it is so sad that they will never learn!
@Bebs08 (10689)
Well, I observed also that when there is too much familiarity, people forget to respect one another.. What I mean is.. that they feel it normal to bat in,,, because you are too familiar with each other.
@salonga (27963)
Indeed it is annoying! When someone is like that I always make it a point to remind him or her. I'll always say "Excuse me will you please let me finish first before you butt in!" Sometimes also when I am not in the mood to talk and confront such kind of person, I'd just turn my back and will not listen to him, so he'd noticed that I did not like his rudeness.
@Bebs08 (10689)
hhahahah I like that my friend.. Silent treatment will help most of the time to let people realize they should not do certain things..
@jillbeth (2711)
I just turn to them and say calmly, "Do you mind if I finish?" Usually they are embarrassed and shut up. I try not to be rude, but sometimes rude people ask for it.
@Bebs08 (10689)
You are right!! we need to let them realized that they should respect somebody who is talking... that's completely impolite..