kids change your life

can you imagine how you would be if you never had kids? once you have them your not living for yourself anymore but for them. I for one would probably be in another state of mind that i can't really even imagine, i love them so much that i would do anything for there safety and needs.
@pillusch (1149)
• Mexico
Nice post, but I disagree with an important point. Yes, I too would do anything for their safety and needs, but that´s not, in my humble opinion, the same as living for them. I live for myself, have my up's and down's, go through life half blind (like most of us, I dare say), and 'do my thing', which includes obviously my kids. But it's not exactly the same as living 'for them'. Now, on the other hand, those two boys have given meaning to my life, and that's really nice. I know now 'why' I do many things. But again, that doesn't mean that I do them exclusively for them. When somebody says 'I live for my family' or 'I live for my kids', they forget that if you dont look after number one (YOU), there would be one person less or at least less efficient to safeguard their needs.
Yes, very true. If you don't do right for yourself then you are no good at looking out for any one else. thanks for your comment and happy posting. take care francisco
I can't even imagine life without my children. I have three children. I have two daughters and a son. I would do anything and everything for them if needed. I love them so much. Once you become a parent, you have to choose to become more responsible because you are in charge of someone else's life.
yes sweetie79, I completely agree with you. thanks for responding to my discussion and welcome to Mylot. a fun place where you can learn about other cultures, give and get advice and earn cash for it as well. Don't worry about this site. you will get paid. and as my referral here I will help you out with anything i can. take care and happy mylotting francisco
you sound like a devoted dad. i have been a mom my entire adult life. i don't know how to be anything else. i am so blessed with5 kids and never ever regretted that i started young. they are a joy to me even when they are making me crazy!! i imagine my life would be pretty empty if not for them.
yes empty indeed
@seanbryan (351)
• United Arab Emirates
Hi Francisco! We've been married for over 5 years, I should say life has been so empty as we are not lucky to have one during those years. Until only at the outset of this year we have decided to undergo an IVF treatment, a very stressful, costly and risk taking procedure. We are so lucky and at one cycle we hit the target and now I am 7 months pregnant with a baby boy. So precious he is for us that we will do everything to secure his future at this very early stage. We love him so much, our most precious gift from God!
@doryvien (2293)
Hi Francisco, I thought I was happy being single and without kids, and that time I actually resolved not to have children as I was happy without the "extra baggage". Then I got married and and had kids and now I know I can never be happy without them. I don't see them anymore as "extra baggage" but a part of my "must haves". I can see you are a devoted father and your kids and wife must be so blessed to have you. My husband is like you who is such a hands-on father to our 2 sons, until the time he left to work in another country. Still, he makes sure he is so much a part of our kids' growing up, he even tutors my kids with their assignments online. Have a good day!
@tjsally (287)
You are very kind dad. I am mom have a son near 6 years old. When i got him, all my life had be changed. I always consider him first before i do everything. He is my life center of gravity. I love him very much, he gives my power and confidence to do everything well.
@yolak69 (55)
I have a 3 year old daughter. Sadly, I can't be with her. My wife and I just got separated a year ago. I terribly miss my kid.
@forslahiri (1042)
hi, your BLOOD calling.... Congrats! =Lahiri,Kolkata,India.
@jlamela (4909)
Yes, I agree with you, children are really beautiful creatures from God that can change lives. You must be a wonderful father to think how your child change everything. I am still single and dreaming to have children my own someday, how nice it is to be blessed with children, hopefully God grant me an opportunity to become a mother because I love children and want to nurture them with all my heart.
lol yeah and you would probably have a lot more disposable income too, LOL