I have my own Secret Service!!

@snowcat46 (2323)
At least that's what my hubby says. I can't take a step without them following me. I can't even go to the bathroom without them insisting they should come in. If I close the door, they bark and scratch at the door! Can one have too much love? I'm beginning to think so!
@ANTIQUELADY (36489)
some days my dog follows me every step i make. drives me nuts! i think u can.
@snowcat46 (2323)
Yes, you can. But it sure makes you feel pretty good anyways, doesn't it? After you've picked yourself up and taken some Tylenol for the pain of falling down....
@ANTIQUELADY (36489)
my problem if i fell it would take a crane to get me up. lol
@pyewacket (44032)
LOL--well I have a secret service to accompany me when I go to the bathroom...my one cat Kissy insists on following me to the bathroom every time I go (as if I can't find my way there)---it's one thing during the day, or evening, not so much fun if I get up in the middle of the night from bed and am groping along in the dark to go to the bathroom..I swear, my "Secret Service" is going to trip me one of these nights and I'll have a major tumble---LOL
@snowcat46 (2323)
I've almost hurt mine a number of times, cause I don't realize they're right behind my feet... Night is worse! They have to be even closer, you never know what monster is out there... Sigh.
Our German Shepard Mix insists on doing that too. She will cry until she gets in and won't give up.
@snowcat46 (2323)
Can't you just feel the love? (And hear it too!) Shepherds are a very talkative breed, from what we've had!
Yes they are. I've had two German Shepard mixes in my lifetime so far. Between the two they have some similarities, but they are so much different personality wise. Both very smart dogs. They both have their own special talk and they expect you to answer you. Its hard to explain the talk though and its the only dog I know that seem to have it. Two German Shepard Mixes having a similar talk so I know that it was not a fluke with the first one if the second one is doing it too. They are a handful but very protective animals and I love them very much even as much of a handful they can be at times. They are so lovable.
@snowcat46 (2323)
We had one purebred, and she was a very talkative dog. I've never had another dog be that talkative. Until this little guy. I don't know what he is, but he's awful little to have shepherd blood in him. Doesn't look like one at all. So there must be other breeds that do it too.
@JenInTN (27565)
LOL..Hi snowcat! I can totally relate. My little Max is my shadow when I'm home from work. You couldn't put a piece of paper between us. At this moment my elbow lays on him as he's curled up at my side. He steals pieces of my clothing to lay on during the day while I'm gone..lol..he's pitiful.
@snowcat46 (2323)
But you love it, just like I do, don't you? My hubby says I'm doggy-whipped. That little brat even barks at me when he thinks I've been on the computer long enough. Like one minute... He's my shadow too. I hate when I hurt him, cause he's right under my chair or foot when I move. He is my darling.
@JenInTN (27565)
I do love it. I haven't been attached to one since I was a child.lol..he's stolen my heart.
I am not allowed to go to the bathroom alone or shut the door, EVER! He will claw at the door and try his darndest to open it, meowing his protest the whole time until it is opened. So, I have learned just not to shut it. This white cat, my avatar, he follows me everywhere (except outside). In the summer, if we are standing on the porch, just outside the door, talking, he will scratch at the door, because he knows it is ME (He claimed ME)!
@snowcat46 (2323)
They do that. I wonder where the brand is that they've put on us? I'm sure I have one, but I don't know where he stuck it... Probably on my back, where I can't get it off...
Good one! Mine must be on my head somewhere, hidden by my hair.
@lampar (7597)
I think they are better than secret service in term of loyalty and companionship. I prefer them over S.S given me the choice between both.
@snowcat46 (2323)
Darn straight!! They work better in bed too. I'd hate to have a Secret Service guy in bed with me! But I can't sleep without my Snowy. He's my shadow.
@suzzy3 (8368)
We all suffer from this.I went to the bathroom for a quiet bath,my husband came in for a shave,then my daughter came in with my youngest son stripped him off and dropped him in the bath and started playing with him,he laughed and loved it.So my quiet bath turned into a family event with no peace at all,now my daughter has left home married with children,my fifteen year old son looks after himself and i miss those days so badly I could cry.Make the most of them,being followed around is something that stops so soon,beleave me you will miss it.Never being able to have five minutes in the loo ,at the shops,never being able to make a good choice,just grabbing something quick you do miss it.
@snowcat46 (2323)
Not really complaining, well, maybe a little bit. I just wish there weren't two of them. They hate each other, and anything makes them fight. Especially over me! I hate that.
I am a member of this club also. It reminds me of when my sisters and I were very small and we would follow mom to the bathroom. I just let my guards come in with me. They lay on the rug and stare at me while I do what needs to be done and then we leave together. The only time I do not let them in is when I have decided to take a bubble bath. The reason is that my little Piggy (pictured to the left) loves water and wants to get in with me. Never too much love from my furry kids
@snowcat46 (2323)
You just gave me an idea for a new discussion!! Thanks ever so much. You'd better participate too!