Help

I have a dell 5000e laptop, the battery is dead and the pc won't start. if I plug in the cord it still won't start, is this normal? The batteries are expensive for this unit so is there a way to make it work with somekind of cord thanks
@ellen_mom (174)
60 bucks for a battery does seem high. Do you know anyone with the same laptop? Maybe they would let you try trading batteries, if yours turned on with the other battery in it, you would know you should buy one. If it still didn't turn on, you would know it isn't the battery, and wouldn't have to spend $60 extra. If you don't have a friend, maybe the nearest best buy or computer renassaince store would test it for you.
a good idea, thanks. I am thinnking of tinkering with it and trying to turn it into a plug in to the wall laptop somehow. but it doesn't even turn on with the cord right now. thanks for the reply and have a great day. until next time :)
Honestly I'm not a laptop tech guy I used to have desktop gaming rigs. But based on my experience One of my friends experienced that kind of problem too.. I told her to buy a new battery and hell yeah it worked.. the battery was really over used that's why.. you can just buy a spare battery and try it.. tell me if it still didn't work
I really don't want to buy a new battery for such an old laptop. thank you for taking the time to reply to my message. have a great day :)
@fresefan (177)
I had same problem. I bought new battery from ebay. It's work. It's very cheap price than buy any kind of battery at store. You probably want check out on ebay
I checked out ebay and it will cost over 60 for a battery, I can buy a new laptop for pretty cheap today. 60 bucks seems too much
@wolfaaron (179)
my Alienware can work without a battery, but my friend has a Dell, idk which type, and it doesnt work without its battery, I dont think there is a way without its battery
that's probably true. I just don't want to buy a new battery for such an old pc. plus I really don't even know how well it will perform since I just bought it used and never turned in on. it has a wndows 98 sticker so i'm sure it's no good.
by the way how old is your laptop ???? when it was bought??? did you charged the battery before you turn it on??
i bought it from someone for cheap and it never turned on. the battery light just blinks a few times and it doesn't power up