what do you do to pass the time while trying to call a phone that is busy?

i had called the disability office to ask why i didnt get b and the guy told me he had no idea why i was told i didnt get it.. so i have to call my local (or go but thats not happening) to sign up and well the local number is busy.. and been busy for like a half hour now! i remember the good old days when there would be an option to where you could have the phone company call YOU when you got through but i dont have that option so i am doing the constant redial thing and getting annoyed.. what do you do when you have to get through to a phone number that seems like it will never stop being busy?
@jillhill (37384)
I try a call back every five minutes....and find something to do inbetween like work on something in my craft room...It drives me nuts but not as much as being put on hold and having to listen to some irritating messages and elevator music!
i hang up and immediately redial lol and the day i posted this i did it for TWO freaking hours before i found a different number that worked
@mathss1 (1181)
I would just wait or read a good book or just listen to some music and simultaneously call the bewitched number Njoy
If I had my computer handy I would play on my lot while I hit redial. Good luck with it. Have a great day.
haha thats what i am doing.. for over an hour now.. im tempted to call the 800 number but i dont think it will take me to the local office and supposively i have to have the local only
@Rosekitty (19443)
• San Marcos, Texas
Moonlit..it depends where i am..I love to read so am usually doing that, but if i'm at work or babysitting, then i talk to the phone and make the wee ones laugh
When I am bored on a busy phone call I like to sit infront of the computer. I'm never bored when I am on the internet. I sit here and read Gather and MyLot posts. it's nice to be able to make a few extra bucks while I'm sitting waiting for whoever I'm calling not to be busy, or to take me off of hold.
im always online so its nothing new to me so i guess i still feel like i need something else to entertain me lol..
Thanks for the best response!
@mariposaman (2967)
We have a redial option here on Bell in Ontario. Is there not a number you can dial to get this service? Here it is *66 [star sixty-six] Cancel busy call return *86 I have a phone that has a speakerphone and a redial button so every five minutes I hit the speakerphone button and then the redial and if still busy the speakerphone button hangs it up. I do not even have to lift the receiver. I can usually watch TV or play on the internet because I an not holding the receiver.
im jealous! i dont have a speaker phone or the *66
The speakerphone is great when you get through and you end up in some queue waiting to speak to someone and they are just playing music. You can do something with two hands while the speaker plays the waiting music. As soon as the representative picks up you can start talking. It saves getting that crick in your neck trying to hold the phone for fifteen minutes.
I often wonder why there is not a program that you can make phone calls through your computer, they used to have a dialer. This program could have a speakerphone through your computer speakers or use a headset. It could auto redial a busy number and it could record your calls or be used as an answering machine. Skype does something like this in their pay option. I had their pay option for a year when they were still new and their quality was not always the best at times but you could just put your mike on and use the speakers or use a headset. As it was unlimited long distance, you could also make local calls. The reason I dumped it, other than the voice quality, was that you could not make 1-800 calls at all, it would not recognize them. Plus I found the number of long distance calls I was making dropped so I started using a calling card for long distance.
our phone company has a star and two number system that'll keep calling it until the line is free..i usually go do the dishes until it rings back.before we had that i just worked on a craft until the number rang through. i actually fell asleep while on hold with a utility company though.. it had to have been 2 hours before i got a person on that line..
i need to find out if my phone company still has any kind of option.. i dont think they have it anymore but its worth a look
@Vladilyich1 (1453)
That option is still available in Canada, but at a price ($1.50CAD). It doesn't work, however, if I am calling a number in the U.S. I tried calling the Social Security office in Niiagra Falls for several days a few weeks ago and it was busy. I finally broke down and pressed the callback...I got the message that it wasn't available in this area.
figures it wouldnt work.. why dont they freaking hire more people to answer the dang phones?!?!
@cindyhxf (1447)
i always called busy line in my office.i have to call Gov.office for work.but it was busy always.i just tried again and again.it seems no any improvement for geting through and i think they don't want us call and just go to ask any questions in person.so i seldom called the busy line if i really need help,i will go to gov.office to ask.it is waste time but it is more clearly or i get some information from website.those ways are better than call most of time.that 's my point.not a good point i think.but i did that always
i had no way of getting to the local office otherwise i would have gone there to save some time lol
@sharay (2776)
Yes...i have gone through this many times, just feel like throwing the phone away..lol. My telephone is just next to my system, so i put in the speaker mode and until i get connected, i browse through the net and most of the time, i read the posts in mylot which has become my hobby now-a-days
i wish i had a speaker phone with my landline.. it would help out so much!!
@krajibg (11940)
• Guwahati, India
When I find the phone busy I make a call to one of my friends and try again even if I still find busy just cancel the call and do my works.