Woohoo!! The Forms Are In. We Can Get Our Taxes Done.

My income form came in and my husband got his, and has to print one more off line, and we will be all ready to get our taxes done. I am going to take mine to an accountant, and my husband is going to do his himself. He's American and doesn't know the Canadian tax laws, and I can't do math to save my life. We'll save a bit of money by having him do his own. As for my accountant, I've known him for years, and trust him. So how many other people have their tax stuff all ready to go? Hubby can't wait for his refund, so he can buy a new computer.
@winterose (39918)
I wait until the last minute Matt as you know is an accountant so we just do ours the last after all his work is done. You don't need math really just a calculator to do your taxes, I used to do mine all the time, I took a course with H&R Block then when I met Matt I let him do it for me.
@Vladilyich1 (1454)
Because I do my own taxes, I really have to get down and finish them and get them sent in. I just hope I get a refund and don't have to pay anything.
@ZephyrSun (7385)
We have to hire someone to do our taxes because they are too much for me to do myself. We have a stupid health savings account that causes too many problems. The accountant has all the info and then we will end up e-filing.
@idowrite72 (2214)
I did my son's and have his already to go using the Turbo Tax online, but my own I have to have done because of a tax sheltered anunity that I have dipped into before I am old enough to. It has a special form that has to be filed so I go to my attorney, at a nice cost, to have mine filed, but it is all there and ready to go. I just need to call and make the appointment. IF I would call, I would have the money back pretty quickly. I just keep forgetting to make the call.....maybe I should go and call now??!! LOL
@Mirita (2668)
I'm getting a nice refund this year ,but this year I'm going to save it because our economy is full of surprises and you never what is going to happen next.
Done mine already, got a good return, paid off some old debt. I stimulated "my" economy.
@Vladilyich1 (1454)
My 1099 from Social Security was 2 months late, otherwise I'd have filed in January. Because I married a Canadian citizen, the IRS has disqualified me from any government stimulus (they screwed me last year too), but I hope to get some sort of refund.
@kellys3ps (3726)
We finished our taxes a few weeks ago.