Do you tell your spouse / significant other everything?

@deejean06 (1953)
Before you met and fell in love with the person you're with now, you had others and a different life. Do you share that information, those memories? Do you keep them to yourself? Do you feel that by sharing you'll have hurt feelings with both of you? My husband and I are hesitant to share because we think that we'll hurt each other. But is this silly? Should we really even care what happened before we were together? What do you think?
@bbsr13 (4198)
Hello! All the pages of my heart and mind are clear opened to be read by my wife.So also she has opened her pages to me which I have read and thus we have understood each other.That is why our relationship has lasted for long forty years without any obstacle.thanx.
@deejean06 (1953)
Congratulations on your anniversary! I would only hope that my husband and I would be together as long. Thanks for the response.
@nikky28 (1572)
I just tell everything to my boyfriend and he does the same too. It is hard for me to hold back anything from him anyway, so I just blurt it all out. So whatever hurtful secrets were present before are all gone away and we have nothing to hide from each other now. This has made us closer to each other and we really don't care what happened before we met as it is quite normal to have a past. Luckily, we don't have a controversial past hehe. Have a nice day!
@deejean06 (1953)
You're absolutely right - it is quite normal to have a past. Even though we don't have controversial pasts either I still feel somewhat badly because I just don't want to hurt his feelings at all. Thanks for the response!
@buggles64 (2715)
If I was married...yes, I would tell my spouse everything. I would share my feelings, anything regarding our budget, money I've spent, money I've saved, and so much more. If a friend confided a secret in me regarding her relationship with her spouse, I would not tell...but if it affects my husband, I would be an open book.
@deejean06 (1953)
Thanks so much! I try to be open with him but I'm hesitant because I don't want to hurt his feelings...