Are you saved?

@zedlav23 (458)
A few biblical verses have spoken of salvation and one of the most well known verse is John 3:16. "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." If you believe that Jesus is the savior are you sure that when you die, you will go to heaven?
@goldeneagle (6775)
Yes I am...thanks to the grace of Jesus Christ...
@zedlav23 (458)
God bless goldeneagle! I am happy to know that.
@katb28 (225)
yes i am a born again christian and i definatly belive that i am saved and going to heven
@Pose123 (21667)
Hi zedlav, I respect your belief but I want to know why it doesn't work for everyone. I was raised in a Christian home and attended church for years. I accepted Christ as my saviour and tried to follow his teachings, but I felt like an empty shell. Today I think quite differently and although I don't condemn Christianity or any religion I don't see much there for anyone. I know that I'm not alone, their are tens of thousands like me. I have found peace in being a spiritual person but my question is, if there is anything to this business of being saved, why doesn't Christ accept all who turn to him? I have been reading the Bible for nearly sixty years and know the promises. Blessings.
@zedlav23 (458)
Why doesn't Christ accept all who turn to him? I don't know why you feel that Christ doesn't accept all who turn to him. But I believe that John 3:16 is quite clear on this promise that "...whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." My point is if God did not accept a person who "may" seem to have turned to Him then God has his reason for that. Man can deceive man, but man can't deceive God.
@Springlady (3986)
Hi zedlav, Yes, I am saved. I am saved because of what the Lord Jesus Christ did for me on the cross. I am still a sinner, but saved by the blood of Jesus. I have accepted Jesus Christ to be my personal Lord and Savior and I know this is the only way I can be saved. No one can save themselves. We can never "work" our way into heaven, nor can we be good enough to get there. It only takes one sin to keep you out. Jesus Christ came to pay our sin-debt in full. We just have to receive His awesome Gift and follow Him. Giving my life to Jesus Christ has been the best thing I have ever done! I know I don't belong to this world. My eternal home is in heaven with my Lord and Savior! I am adopted into the family of God! God is good...ALL the time! God bless you!