With the new tax hike...

@taface412 (3177)
are you thinking of quitting? A part of me thinks this is so ridiculous. Because I have been paying attention. Cigs tax went up six months ago and then three months ago and now we have the biggest hike so far. According to the news last night they said that marlboro was going to start nationally hiking it up before the others bringing the average price of $28 per carton to $35 per carton.... One local person interviewed said that this is a form of robbery...which in a way I think he might be right. taxation is ridiculous when it boils down to it. I can understand once a year increase, but three times in one year...and that is all I have paid attention to is the last six months or so. And before a non says one bad thing.....I have to say I am now going to begin writing legislation to begin the hike on fast food....LOL I make mine at home anyhow LOL So are you planning on quitting?
You have it good down there, the price for a carton up here is almost $100. About $11 a pack now, it's highway robbery, so don't feel so bad. Everything costs more up here it seems, thanks to the screwy economy.
@taface412 (3177)
I doubt it's the economy's fault...because it's more like the screwy politicians and self-interests groups that are to blame.
The exchange rate is what I'm talking about. Our smokes have been at sky high prices for well over a year now, it's why I got serious and quit.