Paranoia

So just what makes someone paranoid? I know that psychology offers us a few clinical definitions, and I'm open to hearing them but my personal thoughts are that some paranoia is completely unfounded and rooted in jealousy? Have you ever had to deal with a paranoid person? I have and I have to say that I backed away my association because their paranoia was creating a great deal of strife in my own life.
@oyenkai (4398)
Paranoia rooted in jealousy - that's a nice way of putting it. And thinking about it, I think I've had my experience of that personally :P I'm a pretty jealous person so I get a littler paranoid with what my boyfriend does when I'm a way. But I try to keep it all to myself just so I wouldn't suffocate him :P Also there's a kind of Paranoia that is somewhat "over thinking" things. Like being scared of something happening resulting from something else that you did - but in truth, you really don't have to worry about anything because non of your fears happened (but you're not 100% certain). I think we call those "worry warts" :P Thanks for the response on my discussion!
LOL. Thanks for your response. I think you're right, some people are just worry warts! And no problem, I liked your discussion. Anora
hi anora...some paranoia can come from one or more bad experiences that people don't get over. other paranoia can come from horror stories told to people by their parents.
Thank you for the response. It's sad though that this occurs. Namaste-Anora