Saudi court sentences 75-year-old woman to lashes

@Lakota12 (42794)
WHen I reasd this I was astounded and amazed that this goes on in amy country.http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090309/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_saudi_woman_sentenced;_ylt=Ap_4emgfBKBPvehLl2fQt3gLewgF please read
@meme0907 (3481)
that's the first I've heard of that one but my son was telling me about this middle east woman who got acid thrown in her face by her ex-bf & b/c they have this eye for an eye law or something like that his sentence was to have acid thrown in his face :O
@Lakota12 (42794)
it was on the yahoo news that morning when I reboted and good glad they sdo the dsame thing that they did ti that poor person!
@MsTickle (25006)
That's just disgusting, barbaric and inhuman. Such a penalty is ludicrous and sadly this poor woman will not survive 40 lashes. I'm ashamed to be a human being when I hear things like this.
@Lakota12 (42794)
you shouldnt be ashamed to be human . Those people that do this and beleive in this should be. Of course I am sure she will never live through it and we wont hear another thing about it! and thats sad too
@bellaofchaos (11553)
Shakes head and people wonder why I don't want to travel out of the country. God I'm not the type of person to be all shy and demur and this is flipping bull.. I swear that more and more people just need to amuse themselves by causing others pain.. I think the woman needs to ask for assylum here. On top of that she is 75 yrs old like she would try and corrupt anyone. grrrr.
@Lakota12 (42794)
and really had only asked them to pick her up some bread!? pitiful!
In the scale of cruelty I do not think anyone can outdo the Muslims in that category!
@Lakota12 (42794)
I think you are right!
@deejean06 (1953)
Most people don't understand the freedoms we have in this country. I'm sure this was not a popular news item - it took me a minute to find it on the page without using the link you provided. So this is a problem that more people are not informed of the lack of freedom in other countries. Thanks for posting this discussion!
@Lakota12 (42794)
thanks for responding. I say it first when I booted up this morning on that news thing that comes up with MSN Im
@Opal26 (17694)
Hi Lakota~ This story just goes to show how sick and stupid these people are! They are so backwards to believe that this woman has done something wrong! She is 75 years old and is a widow! How dare they treat her this way! Someone has to step in and and fix this ridiculous situation! They can not touch this woman because she has not done anything wrong. This country's beliefs are ancient and make no sense whatsoever!