Are you taking good care of your liver? Try this tonic!!

@zabawaus (1732)
Okay, here how it all started. I have a problem, my skin is very sensitive and bruising easily, so i was making a research about the reasons, and ended up reading some articles about the importance of liver, in the article it says that " The liver's main job is to clean your blood, it also fights off infections, regulates hormones and supplies your body with energy. I assume most of them already knew these. An unhappy liver can lead to fatigue, weight gain, mood swings and poor concentration. It can take a toll on your looks, too, giving you brittle nails, dull hair and unhealthy-looking skin. In extreme cases, it can progress to serious liver diseases such as cirrhosis. And at the end of the article there was a tonic recipe for liver. I wanted to share it with you. Ginger Tea Ginger tea is believed to act as a tonic for your liver. It is also thought to improve digestion, relieve nausea and help ward off colds and flu. 1 piece fresh ginger root, about 2 inches (5 cm) long 4 cups (1 L) water honey and lemon to taste (optional) Peel ginger root and slice it thinly. In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add ginger. Cover and reduce heat; simmer tea for 15 to 20 minutes. Strain the tea. Add honey and lemon to taste. Makes 4 servings. It tastes a little hot(spicy) but good for liver. Have a healthy days!!!
@balasri (26554)
Thanks.Sounds like a good concoction.I will definitely try this.
@zabawaus (1732)
Hello balasri, Thank you for your respond , i hope you like it , it tastes a little hot but healthy :) Have a great day!
@balasri (26554)
I will never mind the taste if it is good for the health.
You avatar is scary ! Yes I agree that the liver is very important. Ginger is wonderful and also yummy! Something I love, that is one of the best things for the liver is dandelion. Yes, the same weed that people find on their lawns. You can eat it or make tea out of it (or buy dandelion tea at a health food store.) It is an excellent herb for the liver and can be used to get rid of hepatitis. Thanks for the recipe!
@zabawaus (1732)
Hi one day soon, Do you think my avatar is scary ?? I am sorry , i thought it was a cool avatar :) I didn't know anything about dandelion teas, i will for sure look for it at health food section in grocery store. Thank you for this advice. And have a great day!
Yeah, it is a bit scary, but it is more of a scary cool.
@baileycows (3669)
Great thanks. I need to try something. I am sure my liver needs a good cleaning. I will have to try this out. I like organic things to reduce toxins in the body.
@fren45 (898)
thanks for sharing this.. In Chinese cooking they use a lot of ginger.. I may share this with my mom then ..
@zabawaus (1732)
Yes this is a receipt exactly for cleaning the liver. I tried this morning , well couldn't say i enjoyed a lot because i didn't add any honey or lemon juice but still knowing that it is helping the liver health it didn't bother me that much. Thank you for your answer and have a great day!
@zhuhuifen46 (3486)
Thanks for much for your information. I have exactly the symptons you described and have been annoyed with the skin problems for a long time. We use ginger when cooking fish and make soup. It is also good to ease pain. Ginger tea is easily available, I will try and share with you the results.
@zabawaus (1732)
Hello zhuhuifen, I actually didn't mean that this liver cause our problem but i guess it will help to reduce the symptoms if we have a healthy liver. Thank you for your answer and have a great day!
Wow! I am excited to try this recipe! I have been sick the past couple of days with vomiting and other digestive issues, so I'll definitely be giving this a try. Do you have any other recipies?
@lilcee (2704)
That sounds interesting. I may give it a try. I know I need some kind of "cleaning out" of my liver and probably kidneys. I see all kinds of things on the market but I don't know which ones are actually good for you. This one sounds like it would be good to do. Thanks for sharing. Happy lotting.
@zabawaus (1732)
Hello lilcee, As i said i was researching something else and found this site , and you can also find more in this internet site. It is all about liver . www.liver.ca . Have a great day!!
@reckon21 (3487)
Well, I am being careless with my liver. When my mother cook foods ginger is included but not always. Thanks for bringing this topic at least it reminds us all that liver is important for our good health.
@marketing07 (6266)
• South Korea
hi zabawaus, thank you for sharing this article..well i do have aproblem with my liver as i have a fatty liver..thanks for sharing..