What will bring one's ratings up?

@ClassyCat (1214)
Well, I am disappointed. I thought that when one made their 500th post, you could copy and paste - not so. It is when your "rating gets to 500 or above." What brings one's ratings up, and what if folks like to "minus" your conversations a lot? Copy and paste would help me so much becausew I am vision impaired, and by doing that I can write in a document with large fonts, and be able to check for spelling and punctuation errors a lot easier. Any tips? Thanks a lot. Classy Cat
@sirrob (4112)
The number that was referred to as the rating is the number you have at the side of your username, that is inside the parenthesis. If you have encountered some difficulty of doing it then try to log off and sign in again. If not then try deleting your cookies and cache then log off and sign back again. This is usually happen and the server needs some time to update your account and because of the bulk of information that it handles it will have a small glitch.
@joyce959 (1562)
You are correct, we can copy and paste when we reach 501, but I rarely do it here. About how to bring your ratings up, this is by posting quality discussions and receiving best responses. When myLot members always rate your discussions with plus (+), you will get a rating of 10. I always rate the discussions that I encounter and like with a (+) and never rated anyone here with a (-). Good luck.
@jonesy123 (3950)
I have never heard of that. Besides you are a 9, your ratings should be well above that. Sometimes the system doesn't catch up as quickly as it should. Give it another try. I have been able to copy paste as soon as I hit that threshold.