The System Fell Thru (update)

@dfollin (12080)
The afoptive mother had been abusing her for a long time.The girl apparently died an abusive horrible death officials said.They also said that it had been reported by neighbors,bus drivers and teacher's that she was being abused.
@Thoroughrob (11771)
That is so sad!! I think if it had been reported, some heads should roll. I cannot believe they would just let it go on when so many people reported it.
@lilybug (21182)
It is never good when there is a history of abuse that has been reported and nothing is done about it. That is basically sending the message that it is ok to beat your child.
@dfollin (12080)
That's for sure.How sad.
I was going to say you must be near me which you are. I'm in fred. It's such a sad case and I can't believe someone didn't try to do something sooner. Our system makes me sick! Everyone wants to excuse abuse in foster homes, etc on the lack of social workers but if you have people calling in to let you know of such acts then someone should make time and go see whats going on before its too late. It's sad and unfortunate that young innocent children pay the price.
@dfollin (12080)
Yes,I am in Fairfax County.Just last year I was living in the same complex that this nutty lady lived in.The girl was in her foster care for 5 years then she adopted her.The system is not run correctly for sure.