USB Port Problem

Thailand
I have a rather old lap top and have developed a problem with my USB ports on it. The ports work fine but they have become lose over time and when I plug something into them the plug falls out. Does anyone know how to tighten them and solve this problem?
@arvaster (521)
Take it apart :) If its a pc laptop it shouldn't be a problem. Just be careful and try to be in a clean area. They probably just came lose of the fitting or whatever it's called inside the laptop and in worst case can be glued. I had this problem with my power supply and just glued it back haha, it works great now :) Maybe you can use a cue tip and super glue and tweezers for a non-taking-apart-my-laptop scenario ;) Good luck! ^^
• Thailand
I guess I didn't explain well. The ports themselves are not lose, they are slack and when I plug something into them the plug falls out.
@arvaster (521)
Ohh, I understand. I think it has to do with the metal "plating" (I guess?) shaping around the USB male to hold it when connecting. So probably once again you have to get it apart and out somehow. It happened to my stepdad's S-VIDEO and we had to bend it back to shape with pliers.
@fren45 (898)
I guess there is no choice but to open up the laptop casing and use a twesser to bent the usb port to shape .
@fren45 (898)
or get a new usb port(the metal piece).remove it and replace with a new piece
@Krisneil (577)
I think you should buy new..XDD
@May2k8 (3632)
Aw, the plug falls out how can i help you? There is hard to soldering small things in laptop. Every USB ports have 4 pins cable, if one of your USB cable not connected correctly then your USB not detect and you'll lose over time when you plug something into the USB ports. Glue seems not resolve your problem, check your cable from laptop to USB ports are all of your cable connect. If all of your cable connected correctly, then you can use glue for tighten them.
When I had that problem it was because the inside workings of the USB port broke right out. The other one worked now and then, doing pretty much what you suggested. I don't know what to tell you, but it seemed that one USB on my old computer always worked better, and sadly the working one was the one that broke AARRGGHH!!