lacking in oxygen

@oyenkai (4398)
I fear that my room lacks oxygen. Often I wake up at around 2am and feel as if I'm suffocating. I go out to get a good breath, but I can't seem to be totally refreshed because the whole place is hot. I don't want to open the window because I know that cockroaches and rats would easily climb up (based on somebody else' experience). And I found that opening my door doesn't quite do it either. Is there some gadget that I can buy that would give me oxygen? Like water to oxygen or something? I can't have plants because it'd die out quick because there's no sun - also those plants they sell in the mall seem to be too small to effect any changes... Any suggestions?
@gjabaigar (2101)
^_^ Mabuhay ka oyenkai!.... Put screens at your window so you can freely open your windows and to have fresh air and better air circulations in your room. Or install air vents or air conditioner. ^_^ Salamat and Enjoy!.... myLot!....
@oyenkai (4398)
Mabuhay! I do have an air conditioner but it costs too much to use! I prefer using the electric fan. It's not my place so I don't think I'd be allowed to put screens on the window...but that seems like a good alternative - although that entails another problem: the neighborhood is noisy!
@gjabaigar (2101)
oh where are you?.... Are you in a city, suburban, or rural? Why have lots of noisy neighbors?
@oyenkai (4398)
I'm staying in the city - people don't sleep early in the city apparently :) And they turn on their music loud. It's not something that we complain about or we'd get into fights and none of us wouldn't like that.
@pmcepe (194)
We seldom use our airconditioner too because of the high cost of electricity but when the temperature gets unbearably hot we turn it on for say 2 or 3 hours just so the walls and ceilings cools down. Then we turn it off and use the electric fan the rest of the night (or day).You don't need another gadget, you could just use what you already have, the aircon and electric fan.
@oyenkai (4398)
But it's not about the heat... it's about lack of oxygen.
@pmcepe (194)
You'd feel it's lack of oxygen but since you are not in a very elevated area and your room is not pressurized or tightly closed the amount of oxygen in the air (21%, 79% Nitrogen) remains. But when it's hot the air thins out, so in effect the oxygen content lessens. If you have tried this and still feel the same, you need to see a doctor. I have a friend who needs to sleep with oxygen mask because of an abnormality in his trachea which seems to slow down when he is asleep.
Well you need a humidifier. That or you can install mosquito screens to your windows so you can open them at night.
@ajithlal (14568)
I would suggest you put some nets or screens in the windows and open the window. This will allow air to enter into the room. Also try to open the windows and door during the time you are wake or during the daytime and put the fan so that the bad air and the hot air goes out of your room. Try to put plants outside the room and in the roof top. This will allows fresh air in the surroundings.
@ajithlal (14568)
Thanks for the best response.