Can I cook Corn Beef in a crock pot?

I bought my two packs of corn beef last night. I want to know if I can slow cook this meal. I would love to hear a yes from someone. But,only if it really can be cooked this way. I will be adding potatoes and cabbage to my pot. Thanks for the help.
@deebomb (15347)
The answer is yes you can cook corned beef in the crock pot. Every year my granddaughter wants corned beef and cabbage for St Patrick's day. I always cook it in the crockpot and it comes out wonderful.
I made one of my corn beefs and it was awesome. I made it in the crock pot as well. Thanks
@deebomb (15347)
My granddaughter wants one cooked Tuesday for St Patties day and I will be doing it int the crock pot too.
@owlwings (38419)
• Cambridge, England
Yes, I am sure you can cook corn beef in a crock pot. It depends what you mean by 'corn beef' rather. I believe that it may describe a particular cut of beef and, in that case, you would treat it like any raw beef. In the UK what is generally known as 'corned beef' is salted and pre-cooked, usually in a can but sometimes bought sliced from the deli counter. If yours is like this, then you can certainly cook it in a crock pot but it will disintegrate somewhat with the extra cooking. Wikipedia seems to throw a little light on the two meanings: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corned_beef It sounds to me as if you are thinking of a dish called New England Boiled Dinner: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_England_boiled_dinner There are many quick and cheap dishes which can use corned beef. One is 'Corned Beef Hash' which is a mixture of mashed potato, chopped corned beef and, sometimes, cooked cabbage. This is a hearty, basic easily prepared (and cheap) standby in many households. There is also the kind of stew called 'Labskaus' or lobscouse, in England. Because it was so popular in Liverpool, Liverpudlians are known as 'Scousers' and the dialect (made famous by the Beatles) is known as Scouse. Lobscouse (or Scouse, the food) is normally made with cheap cuts of beef or lamb (mutton) and cooked slowly for a long time (crock pot style) to tenderise the meat.
@owlwings (38419)
• Cambridge, England
Incidentally, if someone said 'corn beef' to me I would understand them to mean 'corn fed beef', which has a richer flavour than grass fed beef, much in the same way that corn fed chicken is different from the other kinds of chicken. In both animals, the fat is yellower and the flavour better than in other meats.
• Dallas, Texas
I can dig it! That is good to know!
Oh yes , Corn beef and cabbage comes out very good when you cook it in a crock pot! It's simple and yummy ! I'm sure there is a recipe in your crock pot book. If not you can find them on the internet . Good luck
@ANTIQUELADY (36491)
i see no reason u couldn't. sounds good. be sure to save some of it for rueben sandwiches, i love them, do u?
@lilybug (21182)
I have cooked a corned beef in the crock pot before. It can be done, but it takes a long time. Be sure you put it in in plenty of tome to get done. All day basically. Don't put the cabbage in until the end though. It will get over done and mushy if you do.
• Dallas, Texas
You sure can! Crock Pot Corn Beef Recipe cornbeef potatoes carrots onions Chop pototoes, carrots and onions. Place all ingredients in crockpot. Add water to cover ingredients. Place on low and let cook for 6hrs or until done. You may want to put the cabbage in at the end since it does not take that long to cook.