17 People Dead after Chopper ditches in North Atlantic.

@Pose123 (21667)
A helicopter carrying 18 people was forced to ditch into the frigid waters of the North Atlantic yesterday morning. It was ferrying workers from the offshore oil platforms to St. John's NL. One person has been rescued and is in serious condition in hospital and one body has been recovered. The helicopter has gone to the bottom of the ocean and no other survivors have been found. The search has now been downgraded to a recovery mission as no one could survive more than 24 hours in the water, even though they were wearing survival suits. It is very sad as family members who had been hoping for news that there loved ones had been found, now have to accept the fact that they will never again return home. The Island has seen many tragedies at sea but this is first involving a helicopter crash.
@faith210 (11233)
Hi Pose123! Oh my that is very tragic and sad. I hope and pray for the family of the victims that they may be able to find strength and hope in all their days. I hope and pray that somehow the victims of this tragic accident will all be recovered. My prayers to all of them. Take care and blessings to you! lovelots..faith
@Pose123 (21667)
Hi faith, Thank you for responding and for your thoughts. I'm afraid it's too late to expect any more survivors now, My thoughts are with the families of those who were lost. There is a chance that they recover all of the bodies, I am hoping so as the families will find some comfort in that. Blessings.
@faith210 (11233)
I agree on that Pose123 my friend! I also hope that they will recover the bodies so the families will be able to find closure and comfort knowing that they will be able to lay their loved ones to rest properly. lovelots..faith
@savypat (20247)
Going down in that cold ocean is mo a good thing it's not my idea of the best way to die and of course the family members will always wonder if they suffered. Our family had a terrible accident with a small plane going down in snow storm in mountains and when rescue got there they found that one had lived for a couple of days, he was in terrible shape but the thought of what he must have gone through has haunted me ever since. We kept the details from his children and I would never tell them even though it's been 40 years.
@Pose123 (21667)
Hi savypat, Thank you for responding. Yes it has to be terrible for the families and of course they will wonder about their last minutes. I can understand why you would not want to tell your relatives children about him living for two days, it must have been terrible. Blessings.
@Grandmaof2 (7603)
We watch Canada AM every morning and heard it then for the first time and it's also been on our evening news. What a tragic event. We need to pray for the families.
@Pose123 (21667)
Hi Grandmaof2, Thank you for responding and I agree. Blessings.