half-blood prince

is anybody else thoroughly aggravated that the new harry potter movie is taking this long to come out? it was supposed to come out last fall, and it was pushed back to this summer! and above all else, i hear they are splitting the movie into 2 parts!! COME ON! i dont mind at all sitting in the theater for 3.5 hours to watch the movie. i did it with grindhouse when that came out. now they cannot be editing the movie this long and they were all ready done filming last fall. what is the deal here? my guess is that they are trying to get big box office money when it comes out. downright ridiculous
@amoyube1980 (2233)
• Somalia
I guess they just wanted to make it better than awesome. I've seen the oficial trailer at youtube. It's awwesssooommme. I hope the movie will be better. And yeah, this is one movie, it's the deathly hollows that they'll be making into 2 movies. One question though, after the last movie, can you imagine the years ahead without a harry potter movie to look forward to? I got kinda sad when the last Lord of the Rings movie was released.
i know! im going to be crying for like a week straight. i did enjoy the harry potter books better than the lord of the rings books. but i thought the lord of the rings movies were a lot better. primarily because of the director peter jackson
• Somalia
I agree. Lord of the Rings was written years earlier than harry potter, plus harry potter is sort of like a book that you're supposed to grow up with. The Lord of the Rings movie were far better because they were able to incorporate much of what was in the book as that was only one book made into 3 movies, while they are trying to squeeze harry potter books almost as long, in only one movie.
@poohgal (6848)
Yea. I was asking my friends about it a few weeks ago too. However, I seem to be the only one who is still interested in Harry Potter. Most of my friends seem to have lost all their interests in Harry Potter. So, is it confirmed that it's coming out this summer? I can't wait. I have the same sentiments as you. I rather they show the movie in its entirety than in 2 parts. At the rate they are going, the actors are going to outgrow their characters eventually.
ya my friends are the same way, even though they originally had gotten me into the books before. the books are way better but i am still anxious to see how they do these movies.
@fasyahime (634)
maybe they have financial problem?who knows,what's going on..but i think this is the best movie of hp beside the first hp movie..couldn't wait to see one..
ya i think half blood prince 1 and 2 and deathly hallows are going to be the best movies, if they do them right. if they don't they will turn out like the order of the phoneix which i thought was the worst one. the last 2 books were fantastic though
@sagnik42 (3598)
if they really split the movie in 2 it will be really wise... i too don't mind sitting for 4 hours to see the movie...coz the 2 hr movies are real disaster compared to the books...i don't understand why they have to remove all the interesting scenes and dialogues from the movie...why can't they make the movies like the lord of the rings....they were 4 hrs long and i did not mind that at all...i think 90% harry potter fans won't mind the length of the movie as long as it stays with the book
• Somalia
the Lord of the Rings is one book made in three movie parts. So if you are going to do that with harry potter that would be 3x7=21 movies times the years that it take to make each movie. We'll probably be spending 20 or more years waiting for them.
@twoey68 (13651)
I think it is taking so long b/c the author is digging for more publicity. The truth is that after the Harry Potter series ended she pretty much fell by the curb. I bet there will be another version of Harry Potter (maybe the next generation) coming out before long. [b]**AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~[/b]
Editing a movie takes a while. Especially when there are a lot of computer graphics to add in. Doing this also builds the anticipation for the movie. They are mot splitting HBP into two movies. It will still be one movie. Deathly Hallows, the seventh (7th) movie, will be split into two. I hope all three remaining movies are good and I cant wait till July. That's when Half-Blood Prince comes out.
@sagnik42 (3598)
i have even know people who have seen the movies an were so discouraged by them that they don't even dare to read the book....coz they think the books are just like the movies....they simply don't understand the fact that the books are 1000 times better than the movies....
I have no idea why it's taking this long, but I'm hoping it's because they want to make it better than the last 5 movies... Don't get me wrong, they were good movies, but they completely threw out the plot line and changed so many things it can be hard to recognize them as harry potter movies... Despite the movies being horrible when compared to the books, I too am upset about it continuously being pushed back. Of course, there was a gap of about 2 years between the 5th and 6th books as well; lets just hope they use the extra time wisely.