I am feeling so sad for my Aunt's cat

@sudalunts (5526)
Actually, she is my husband's aunt. She has a breathing problem, and lives in a very nice assisted living community. She has a cat named Cali, seems recently Cali has started whinning, crying meowing really loud throughout the night. This is driving my aunt crazy since she has not been able to get a good night's sleep. She called my husband this morning and wanted him to take the cat to a vet to have it put to sleep. I feel so bad, that the cat stands a chance of being killed because of her unusual behavoir. I have been looking for non kill shelters that may take her, to at least spare her life. I feel so bad. What would you do, would you just have to cat put to sleep because of this or would you try to find other alternatives?
@lilybug (21148)
I would try to find out what is wrong with the cat before deciding to have it put down. It could be something simple that is just making the cat uncomfortable. I hope you are able to find a no kill shelter if she really does decide to get rid of the cat.
@sudalunts (5526)
My husband just now suggested a no kill shelter, and his aunt said NO, because the cat is spoiled and wouldn't like it there. So I said, oh, she is so concerned but she has no problem killing the cat. Granted, the cat is sixteen years old, but Cali is her pet.
@lilybug (21148)
I would find a no kill shelter anyway and just not tell her then.