American Idol

I heard on the radio earlier today that American Idol is Going Country this week. To celebrate former Idol winner Carrie Underwood is coming back to sing! She's joining fellow Grand Old Opry member Randy Travis to sing "I told You So" which Randy also recorded about 10 years ago. If you've seen the I told You So video, you know that Randy shows up at the end and announces that Carrie is being asked to join the Grand Old Opry. I play to tune in to watch them sing together, and also to watch Kris Allen. Since he's from Conway, Arkansas...a town about 30 minutes from where I live...I'm rooting for him every week. We all get on and vote for Kris after the show's over each week. Hopefully it will keep him on there!
@terri0824 (4991)
I haven't followed American Idol this season for some reason. So I'm not even sure who is in the running. I have only caught one episode and that is when they brought back a dozen or so of them to continue on.
Normally, I don't start watching until there are only 8 or 9 of them left. This helps me avoid all those idiots that can't really sing and are only on there so that America can laugh at them. Which I think is sad in itself that we have stooped to that. But with Kris on there this season, I have made an exception.
First i have to say that you are correct. It is Gran Ol Opry week on American Idol and Carrie Underwood should be singing. Its a great show and the contestants this year are amazing. I have voted for Kris both times he has made it through. I like him alot and he is one of my favorites and i hope to see him with the guitar again this week. I hope kris stays on for along time at least he will be in the top 10 and we can go see the tour with him in it. Happy Mylotting
We here in Central Arkansas are so excited to see him doing so well. My daughter's boyfriend had some classes with him at the University of Central Arkansas. The entire campus there has gotten behind him and are voting like crazy each week.
@lilcee (2704)
I saw that too. I can't wait to see it. I'm going to record it so my husband can watch it this weekend. I like Randy Travis and Carrie Underwood. I saw on CMT.com that Brad Paisley will also be on there. It will be quite interesting to see how the "rockers" do with country songs.
Yes, it certainly will be interested! I think those that are more middle of the road will do better because they are able to adapt a little more and either turn it up a notch or tone it down. I've heard Kris do sevearl ballads, so I think he'll be fine. Yes, I'm just a bit partial, and ahve no idea who I'd vote for or root for if he gets voted off!
but i bet kris allen is not more of country. danny gokey is the winner during that time of era.. well, kris allen still the winner.. hmm.