That knock on your door for support....

@xfahctor (14131)
Lancaster, New Hampshire
I suppose at the outset and an initial look, it apears to be a clever benign tactic for the white house to garnish support for a budget. But think for a moment about htis. what if this is successfull and many do turn out and tsrat knocking on doors to get this support, and even succeed? What does this mean in the long term? Can we Expect to see this regulaly? Today it's a budget, tomorrow, it might be for the home grown food regulatory bill in congress right now, the day after, it might be to drum up support for an unconstitutional U.N. treaty he wishes to sign on to. It is not ilegal for a president to do this and it is not ilegal for supporters to do this. But it does speak volumes about where we are headed to have thousands of policy zombies out there knocking on doors, probaly with no idea what they are talking about or what it means in the larger picture. Just food for thought. [i] WASHINGTON, March 16 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama will call on millions of supporters to knock on neighbors' doors this week to pressure Congress to pass his record $3.55 trillion budget, a Democratic official said on Monday. Obama will ask people who volunteered for his presidential campaign to gather signatures from neighbors to support his budget, which proposes a $1.75 trillion deficit to lift the country out of recession and lay the groundwork for healthcare reform and other big initiatives. Republicans and some conservative Democrats are concerned about the plan's record spending, and many fear their constituents will be hurt by proposed lower farm subsidies, new tax provisions and environmental regulations. The 13 million people on Obama's campaign list will be asked to call their representatives in Congress to urge them to support the budget plan...... [/i] http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssFinancialServicesAndRealEstateNews/idUSN1628129620090316
Oh please let someone knock on my door to try and tell me to support another spending bill. Oh please!!!! I have a lot I would love to say to that person. Although they probly would not want to hear it. LOL. I do not think it will successful. People hate to have people knocking on their doors about stuff. Wether it be a salesman or politics. Anyone who has done any canvasing knows that. If anything it will annoy people. I feel sorry for the people who actually go out and do it. They are in for a lot of abuse and doors slammed in their faces.
@peavey (16866)
Do you think it will be successful? I don't. Not if they knock on random doors in America. I think there are a lot of level headed Americans who do not and will not be badgered into, supporting more spending. On the other hand, "progressives" are tutored in saying things in such ways to make them sound different than they really are. I won't call them liars, but they don't always tell the whole truth.
@xfahctor (14131)
• Lancaster, New Hampshire
Well, at my door, from me AND from my well informed and liberty minded daughters, they wil get either a polite education, or a door slammed in their faces if they persist.
@peavey (16866)
It would be nice to educate all of them, wouldn't it?? That's pretty much what they'll get at my door, too.
@spalladino (17925)
This is really irritating. I can understand asking those who volunteered during the campaign to contact their various reps but don't ask them to invade the privacy of their neighbors. I don't like unsolicited phone calls or knocks on my door and my husband dislikes it even more.
@xfahctor (14131)
• Lancaster, New Hampshire
I relish the thought of someone knocking on my door for him again actually, I didn't get nearly enough off my chest durring the election.
@jonesy123 (3950)
The move doesn't surprise me as this is the way he won his campaign. I would say, we'll probably see these people pop up on message boards as well, promoting this. They would get an earful at my door and questions I know they can't answer. I wonder how long it will take for people to stop blindly following their leader and repeating every stupid argument they are spoonfed to repeat?