Dumbest Commercial

I know there are lots of stupid commercials on television right now. The marketing people must think that, for the most part, consumers are just ignorant. At least that's what they act like with the level of intellengence in advertsing right now. What do you believe is the dumbest commercial on television? I am kind of torn between Several: The idiot father/son duo on the Ocean Spray Cranberry juice commercials rank at the top of my list. Of course the Sonic Drive-in commercials are have been stupid for years. Just when you didn't they they could get any worse, the advertisers out do themselves and they get more and more stupid with time. And then the latest ones I can add to my list are the Kleenex commercials where the woman goes around muttering the word "touch" over and over again! What normal person does that?
@ElicBxn (60802)
I didn't think they were father and son - but that's an interesting take on the Ocean Spray commercials. I have been known to turn the channel when the sonic ones come on, but I don't actually hate the "touch" commercials, while I don't think anyone goes around saying that, I sure can relate - touch cat food, wash hands, touch dog food, wash hands, clean stove cover, wash hands....
Yes, I guess I can relate to the concept...I just think there are much better ways to get that concept across. I wish we, as consumers had the guts to stand up and say as long as you're putting out those stupid commercials, we aren't going to purchase your products.
@ElicBxn (60802)
well, I don't buy ocean spray - don't like cranberries - and haven't gotten the tissues, but Sonic does have a few things I really like, and they open early so I can get breakfast now (in my case, a grilled cheese sandwich.)
I like cranberry juice on occasion. I prefer Cran Apple or even Cran Grape. I like Sonic. I love it that they will cook you a hamburger at 7 a.m. if you want one, or a breakfast burrito at 9 at night if my husband is cr aving one. I tell you someone I forgot to mention that drives me absolutely batty is Billy Mays. I've seen several items that I would like to purchase, but I refuse because he is so abrasive that I can't stand to watch the infomercial to get the phone number
@rebelmel (1387)
I cant believe you forgot to mention the Mcdonalds filet of fish commercial with the singing fish on the wall!
Oh my word. How on earth could I possibly have forgotten something is ridiculous is that? LOL' My husband just put his two cents worth in and said his vote goes to the Long John Silver's "Throw boring overboard" where everyone get soaked and then they sit down to eat a plate full of greasy fish and fries.
@daneg33 (1131)
I think the point of it is that the more annoying a commercial is, the more likely you are to remember it because it annoyed you so much. I really hate that McDonald's commercial with the two fathers who are talking about their babies.