Nose hair! Uck!!!

@Debs_place (10551)
I was at Wal-Mart today and there was this man there with the most disgusting nose hair I have ever seen. He had so much hair coming out of his nose and so long, it could almost have doubled as a mustache. ANd to make it worse, there was stuff hanging on it. Ick! He was not an old, old man - maybe mid-40s. Could he not afford a mirror? Didn't he care how he looked? I can guess how most of us feel about nose hair, so here are my questions? First, his nose hair was long, and thick and a lot of it- why would someone not take care of this situation ? Second, If you knew this person would you say something to him about it? Third, do barbers trim nose hair - if not, why not?
@weemam (13389)
That just sounds soo disgusting , My hubby has a gadget to do this and the hair in his ears and I trim his eye brows when I cut his hair , I love a man to be clean shaven , hair free , smart hair cut and smell nice . I would want to eat a meal near that man Yuck !! Wee xx
@weemam (13389)
sorry I meant I would NOT Wee xx
@Debs_place (10551)
Weeman, I hear you loud and clear. I feel the same way. Did you hubby start doing his manscaping himself or did you have to prod him into it. I would not be able to eat near him if I could see him. It was just gross.
@weemam (13389)
He did it himself pal , he likes to be clean shaven and smart ( just the way I like him too :) ; I hate the modern way that the young guys look as if they need a shave Wee xx
@mysdianait (63986)
1 - maybe it is still cold in your area? 2 - yes I would first ask why he had not/does not deal with it and whether he really prefers it like that or is frightened to cut it and suggest that a relation did it for him. 3 - I don't know. I go to a ladies hairdresser and not a barber but she has never done mine
@Debs_place (10551)
It was almost 60 degrees here today and that is no excuse anyhow - he could buy a scarf. I did not know the man, so I would not ask him but if I did know him, I think I would be uncomfortable asking him about it. I know, I go to a hair dresser too.
@mysdianait (63986)
...and does she do yours?
@winterose (39931)
perhaps the man was mentally ill, and that is why he didn't care about his appearance. I don't know if I would have told him if I knew him, I think he family she tell him. But then again maybe they have and he just doesn't care.
@Debs_place (10551)
You know his hair was clean, his clothing was neat and clean. He did not look like he was someone who could not care for himself. He had on nice clean sneakers, newer jeans then I was wearing. I agree, his family should tell him about it. and you could be right, he must see it, he just doesn't care.
@mermaidivy (15417)
Oh geez, it is very funny the way you describe, so much hair coming out and so long (^O^). yea, it is pretty gross. I thought barbers shop do it for men too.
@Debs_place (10551)
I thought barbers do it too. But maybe that was the old time barbers not the hair salons where men and women go. I am not really barbar savvy.
@slickcut (8141)
I cannot understand "Why" anyone would be so nasty...All i can say about this man is he does not have good hygene, and that is one of the WORST things a person could have..They have little small nose hair razors now, also there are many ways to trim nose hair....I just cannot understand a person like that.....It makes me want to GAG...Yuck!!!!!!!
@Debs_place (10551)
I took all I could not to gag. It was just disgusting. With all of the things that we have these days for personal grooming, one would think that it would be some kind of priority.
Hi Debs_place, I think that is most disgusting I have ever heard, some should tell him to do something about it, he can buy one of those hair plucker for the nose in the supermarkets, he may be just too lazy, I would say something if I was there. Tamara
@Debs_place (10551)
I thought about it but I am chicken. I would hate to be the first victim in a walmart killing. I agree it is laziness or anti-social.
I've only met one person who is probably exactly like this man. And it was a hitch hiker the person I was with had picked up. And no, I wasn't riding with a teenager, but with two grown relatives! They picked up a hitch hiker, and I certainly wouldn't have. I connected the nose hair to where he was going - he had been out of his psychiatric hospital on a "day" trip. He wanted a ride back.
@Debs_place (10551)
I would not pick up a hitchhiker...I guess in psychiatric hospital he may not have had access to sharp implements...but this guy was in Walmart and they have scissors there. But he might have needed a chain saw.
@emilie2300 (1892)
Eww that is so grose and discusting. He must of not of cared how he looked. I am not sure why he would not take care of this problem. Yeah I think if I knew him I probally would say something to him. Yes I thought barbers did do that shave nose hair and ear hear.
@Debs_place (10551)
I agree, I thought barbers would do that, even if they charged extra, it would have to be worth it. I wonder if there are any men who frequent barbershops who would be able to shed some light on the situation.
Yeah I am sure it would be worth it. Thats a thought men barbershops who can shed some light on this.
Debs Place I do agree it would be well worth it. Its part of the grooming. They may offer beared eyebrow nose and ear gromming package.