Here's a Mystery for you to Solve!

Are any of you myLotter's missing a foot? We have six to spare here in B.C. (& one if the Pacific Northwest, Washington) Truly, from August 20, 2007...to Nov. 11, 2008, 7 "feet" in mostly runners have been found on the beaches within a 50 mile range of where I live! Two sets of matching feet have been found; two feet from one woman in size 7 Balance Shoes, and these were found miles apart, and 6 months apart! Two feet from one man, in size 11 Nike shoes, miles apart and months apart! This is so mysterious that the National Geographic Channel is researching for a program and you can read the complete story at;www.timescolonist.com , search "Mysterious feet to catch eyes of the world." We, on the West Coast were all in shock when the first one was found, as NOTHING else is ever found, just feet and shoes! This mystery is totally unsolved.....ANY GUESSES?
@ANTIQUELADY (36489)
gosh no but please keep me updated on this. i love a good mystery but this is horrible. this sounds like something u would read in a book or see on tv. y'all have a nut running around up there. it's scary, huh?
Yes...this truly is a Mystery! And it keeps unfolding! It seems strange, but it is always in the back of one's mind, when they approach the beach..as I truly live right in the middle of this! owlwings provided the proper link, and if you go to it, you can read the latest story...as National Geographic are entertaining getting on board on this one! Amazing, they are able to get DNA, and two sets have been matched...but how did it happen....and why aren't these people reported missing (actually one has been identified). Will keep you posted! And thanks for responding! Cheers!
@ANTIQUELADY (36489)
thank you. i watch the news alot but haven't heard this mentioned. i'd have the willies if i lived in & around where this is happening. the one they identified did they find the rest of the body? i don't want to seem morbid . i read mysteries all the time. this sounds like something u would read in a book not something that's really happening. how sad. you be careful & stay off the beach. don't want anything happening to you. thanks for your response.
@ANTIQUELADY (36489)
i went to the link that owlwings provided. thanks for telling me. that's truly wierd. u be careful.
@winterose (39921)
no, but I did do a couple of these discussions a few months ago when the news broke about it. It is very weird, you would think that they these missing people would be identified, but I guess they cannot test the dna, is is still so very weird.
I truly am sorry if I "stepped" in on a discussion you had started! NO pun intended! I guess I didn't search back far enough, but you said when it started to unfold, so that is nearly two years ago! They have been able to test the DNA, and that is why they were able to tie two of the feet together, and to a missing man from Richmond! But that is the only one that they have a body for the feet! I do not know whether you have read the entire discussion but I live right in the middle of this...Gabriola & Valdez, are two of the Islands in the Southern Gulf Island chain, that are closest to me! Cheers!
@winterose (39921)
oh no need to apologize I don't find anything wrong with repeating discussions when they are important like this one.
@owlwings (39059)
• Cambridge, England
It sounds as if some shark doesn't like the taste of rubber. I notice that one of the feet has been identified by DNA as belonging to a depressed man who went missing a year before.
@owlwings (39059)
• Cambridge, England
The full URL (if anyone wants it) is: http://www.timescolonist.com/news/Mysterious+feet+catch+eyes+world/1384941/story.html
Thank you, owlwings, for putting in the proper link! Hadn't finished my first "cuppa" yet! Yes, one has been solved! But that is the only one...and it really is a weird feeling, to hear the news...another one found, and it is so close to home! There has been a lot of Local discussion, and one thing we have noticed is that the shoes a relatively expensive (here in Canada!) so, it has been surmised that these are not "homeless" (just another theory) that have NOT been reported missing! I live only a stone's throw from Gabriola (maybe just under 2 miles) Valdez Island is just across Porlier Pass...1000 metres, and Westham Island, about 4 miles, so one feels kinda weird walking the beach, and with trepidation checks out anything that looks untoward! It's always in the back of your mind! Have a great day! And Thanks!
@ronaldinu (12445)
• Malta
This is a rather mysterious and curioius case. Have the police gone further in it? have they found new evidence or do they have new guesses? I have not read the article yet and i will read it after the posting here.
This today, is an on-going investigation...since my posting, TWO more feet have been found....ONE through DNA has been able to be matched up with a previous foot, but the mystery still remains...why just feet...and not a cadaver to go with it, or even the remains of a cadaver? Still puzzling this side of the West Coast! Cheers!
@Aussies2007 (5339)
Considering the numbers of bodies The Sopranos did throw in the water... this does not really surprise me. They were cutting off their feet so that their victims would not walk on water.
Ha...Ha! Just because we are being commonly called "Gangcouver" now doesn't mean that we can claim Soprano Status! Truly, Aussies, this is quite freaky! Just yesterday, (the tides are right) went to collect some oysters & clams, and because we have just been reminded of it again, spent a lot of time, looking askance, from afar...at debris on the beach! One (Valdez Island) is only about 1000 metres from the tip of the Island that I live on! We are in a high tidal flush area....but our waters are much too cold for sharks! You were asking about work...you're a tremendous researcher..sign up with National Geographic and solve this one! This is taking "footloose & fancy free" to the limits! Makes one want to approach the beach with a "tinny" in hand! LOL!