They Have Been Released (jail photo)

Jail Birds - My daughter and grand daughter in a cell at Alcatraz.
@webeishere (36353)
Yes, as this photo shows, my daughter, Minnie, and grand daughter, Savanna spent some time in Alcatraz. Hahaha! They are nmow home and she called me at 8 a.m. Was great to hear her voice. Now it's 2 days before I see them actually. But I am patient. Besides, she sounded pretty worn down the last 2 times I talked to her. When you have kids gone for a few days and then they return, do you rush over to see them or wait a few days? HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB!!~
@catdla1 (6005)
For a while my son was living almost 2000 miles away. He had two jobs, where vacation time never lined up correctly. And with the nature of his job, he always had to work the day before, and day after holidays. I didn't see him for over a year, and it was a LONG year. He has since moved to OK where I am, and I couldn't be happier.
@webeishere (36353)
Yikes! A year would kill me not seeing my grandkids. I could go a year without seeing my kids. Well probably not a years time. HAPPY FARMING FROM GRANDPA BOB!!~
@tyc415 (5706)
I know you are so happy to have Minnie and Savanna home safe and sound. At least two more days will give you more time to get well and for them to rest up. I have never been in that situation to have to decide whether or not to go right away or to wait a few days.
@webeishere (36353)
Very happy. Now I wonder if she misses the snow in the Mtns in CA? HAHAHAHAHA! HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB!!~
Oh i miss the views in cali it was amazing there.
@jillhill (37383)
I usually wait until they are ready. My son and family were also gone a week. They got back last Sat. and came over for supper on Tuesday night...well him and the little one....so I usually wait until it's their decision...sometimes the jet lag takes a couple of days to get past.
@webeishere (36353)
Even a short vacation calls for a day or more of rest. Vacations can be so tiriong when they're meant to be fun and relaxing. Go figure huh? I've been more tired after a vacation than when working. HAPPY FARMING FROM GRANDPA BOB!!~
Great picture! Glad they are home safe and sound. I'm sure when my kids are older I'll be rushing over to make sure they are all still in one piece!
@webeishere (36353)
I am sure she has some better ones. Plus I diod not edit this either. Once I edit it, it will be a lot better and clearer I think. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB!!~
@fasttalker (2797)
Well I am so glad the have been released! I know you are missing them terribly. As hard as it may be I think I would at least wait one day after their return just to give them time to rest a little. Vacation is fun but it sure can be tiring, especially when you have a little one. The qustion is....Can YOU wait a day?????
@webeishere (36353)
Oh, I can and I'll wait till her and Savanna come here Saturday morning. I need to be home with dad for the most part anyhow. She sounded so beat last night when she called after her flight etc. HAPPY FARMING FROM GRANDPA BOB!!~
@dragon54u (31637)
I'm glad the jailbirds have flown the coop! Must've been a very nice adventure into history and a little sad, too, when you think about it. I'd like to see Savanna's face when she first sees you again! Those expressions are so precious.
@minnie_98214 (10573)
And now you say dont come over make up your mind lol.
@Darkwing (21588)
Lol... you tell him Minnie! I hope you enjoyed your trip, and love the photo! I expect you're glad to be home though and Dad's only thinking of you when he says don't come over.... either that, or he can't tear himself away from his Facebook Farm!!! Be patient with him! Brightest Blessings.
Yeah well i didnt give him a choice we came over and all was well. I did make him give up the computer for a little.
@Opal26 (17690)
Hi Grandpa Bob! They look so cute behind bars! They look like they were having such a great time! I can't wait to hear all about their vacation! I know how Minnie was looking forward to her "girls getaway"! I'll bet you're glad they're back home! I'm sure they're glad to be back home too!
I so want to share stories but my discussions keep getting deleted.
@Opal26 (17690)
Hi minnie! Why would they delete your discussions? You and Savanna looked so cute! Why would anyone pick on you and the baby?
@faith210 (11233)
Hi Grandpa Bob! Whenever, my brothers and I travel and be gone for a few days or so, my father always patiently wait for us to go and see him. He will be waiting at his home patiently but will surely call you each day and ask when I will be coming over each time. haha..i guess, he just missed us much. Take care and have a great day! loveslot..faith
@mummymo (23707)
So glad that they are back but sorry you have to be patient another few days! Never mind that gives you more time to get rid of that virus and make sure SAvanna doesn't get it again and restart the whole cycle! lol My kids aren't old enough to live away from home so when they get back they come straight to me! within an hour I am usually wishing they are gone again! lol xxx
Hi GRANDPA BOB, Hope you are feeling better today, Minnie and Savanna looked quite happy there, its a great picture, I've heard its haunted there, I wondered if Minnie felt spooky here. Glad they had a great time. Tamara
Both of mine live out of town so I cannot rush out and see them. I do wish they lived closer.
@Darkwing (21588)
I tend to let them settle back in at home, first. I find it better to let them ask me over when they're ready than to pester them. They're usually tired and have a bit to catch up on when they first get home. Besides, two days is nothing after them having been away for longer. Brightest Blessings, Grandpa Bob... I hope you enjoy your reunion!
@winterose (39918)
gee well my kid is like me he is home all the time, so I don't know what I would do, probably wait for him to come see me if he didn't live with me. I am so happy she had a great trip, it is nice to get away once in a while.
@kissieme (777)
awww... grandpa bob... Hugs to you and your family... I'm so glad your daughter and granddaughter are coming home weeee... hugs... I am not married yet nor have I kids but I think I know how you feel cuz my mom does that too. she rushes to meet us whenever we visit her to the province. my dad did too when he was still alive... I guess, the love of parents is great and will always stay there even through the most difficult times... hugs again..
The only time I've been away from my kids for an extended amount of time was when I was in the hospital delivering baby #2 & #3. But I imagine when my kids are grown I'll feel the same way as you Grandpa Bob.
@lingli_78 (12844)
gorgeous pic... they sure don't look too unhappy being locked up and enjoy themselves there... i think you have to be patient and let your daughter and grand daughter has a rest first before you visit them... they must be pretty tired after holiday especially your daughter as she has to look after savanna as well... take care and have a nice day...
@lynnemg (4539)
Mom and Dad never had to worry about making that choice, I would always make their house my first stop after a trip! I wanted them to know that I made it safely, and I missed them while I was gone.
@skysuccess (8882)
Bob, Great picture! The wait here would be wise as your granddaughter may be temperamental whilst recovering from all that traveling. I would if I were you as children just need to have their time with parents and rest whilst they try to settle in and back again. Take care and do have a great time ahead.