Oopsie can I take that back?

@dawnald (84146)
Shingle Springs, California
So you responded to a discussion and then later you realize: 1. you didn't really read it and understand it well enough or 2. your response was really idiotic or just badly worded Do you go back and say anything? Apologize? Try and re-word it better? Or just hide under the bed and try and forget about it?
@sirrob (4112)
That I haven't done yet because I won't be able to comment or write anything if I won't be able to understand what was in it. I usually understand them first before writing anything at all. On the other side, I am just curious of how are you going to edit or re-word the response you have just submitted already? That is interesting to know, if there's any.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
You can't. All you can do is post another response underneath it...
@sirrob (4112)
That's what I thought too. I just thought there's a new feature here again. I just came back from a long lay off, so basically I became a newbie when it comes to new stuff here just like the delete button that was added in the messages.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
In a way it would be good to be able to go back and edit things. But on the other hand, people could come back and change what they said and deny that they ever said it. I'd say you could use the preview button more but it would help me much. The situation I was talking about was a response to a discussion where I didn't read it carefully enough and beside I was tired when I responded. OH well...
@James72 (26829)
I've done this before and made some comments that are either way off the mark or totally unrelated. It's usually because I end up distracted and then either misread the discussion wording, or focus in on some specific statement that's not actually the main point. Most of the time I will be honest about my oversight IF the person receiving my comments notices and states so, but if they don't, then it's out of sight, out of mind for me on it! lol. (Or in other words, I HIDE!)
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
There are spiders under the bed...
@James72 (26829)
I checked..... No spiders at all! Thanks for the BR Dawn!
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
you should have seen the e-mail I got the other day, picture of a large, nasty looking spider on top of a roll of toilet paper, caption: How to use less TP You're welcome...
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
I hide under a banana tree and try to forget about it - unless it really was THAT bad. and then, I may hide under a mango or even a pineapple (if I am feeling slim)
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
I'm jealous. Wish I had tropical trees to hide under... :-(
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Thanks for trying. Unfortunately with California being a big agricultural state, it's difficult to import things like that! :-(
@riyasam (16578)
there are times when i wish we had the delete button,i hardly ever press the preview message button.soi wish that the reader see my response at all.if somehow my attention is caught in time,i do tell a sorry.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
I don't use preview often either (except when I've uploaded a photo) and I have learned that I almost always find my mistakes AFTER I've pushed the post button.
@Humbug25 (12551)
Hi dawny I think I have done that loads of times. If it is a simply typo then I would correct myself by posting another response but if I have just simply said something dumb, I just go, 'oh well I guess that's me'!! LOL
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
I guess it depends of whether it's a "just Dawn" kind of comment or something that came over as really stupid because I didn't get it. I wouldn't correct a "just Dawn" comment but the other kind I would.
@daneg33 (1131)
Well if it was that bad, I add a comment underneath. It's too bad that you can't edit anything... sometimes after I hit "post response" I think of something else I should have included, but of course, it's too late!
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
I would do that too. Or hide under the bed....
@rocketj1 (6960)
No! I don't agree. I think that you should ask for your money back! I hate it when things happen like this! It's a good thing you kept your receipt!
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Is this respond to the wrong discussion day?
@rocketj1 (6960)
A failed humor attempt apparently.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
It got a widdle chuckle, I just wasn't quite sure....
@polachicago (19075)
I have been thinking about many times. Yes, I may comment below...or just hide under the bed.....
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
It's not so bad under the bed. We just vacuumed...
@polachicago (19075)
@kumarpslv (3218)
I will feel very bad of it but we are not having any option to get back ours.Yesterday I responded to a topic. But the discussion started is slightly different from what I responded. The reason is that I did not read the discussion carefully. Even I don't like to add comment to my response as I felt very much bad of this.What to do other than forgetting?
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
I would probably go back and say sorry I misunderstood and then try to leave a better response. If I notice. I don't always get back to every discussion I respond to.
@cream97 (29168)
Hi, dawnald! I like your avatar!!! It is pretty! With me, I would misread the post. And if I realize what I have done then I will go back and correct and add to it more details. But, if I don't realize what I have done, then I will just not add anything to it.. I know nothing about it, later.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Why thanks. It's purple. :-) I don't so much misread the post usually. I just tend to focus on certain points and ignore others and then when I go back, I realize that the ones I ignored were important and I shouldn't have ignored them!
@mysdianait (64058)
I have done that. I went back and explained that I had made a mistake.. and made a new friend into the bargain!
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
I went and explained something a whole lot better (on my own discussion actually) and got somebody un-mad at me.
@dlr297 (5412)
The others are right all I would do is add a comment under it, and let it go at that. We all make mistakes, and i am sure most of us have done it a time or two ourselves. Their are people here from all over the place and everyone words things differently.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Word things differently, think differently, believe differently. The one thing we have in common is that we all make mistakes. lol
@royal52gens (5380)
I would add a second comment or response to clarify myself in some way. Then I would hide under the bed for awhile. Perhaps, the discussion will go away if I ignore it long enough. LOL
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
I would add another comment also. Hiding under the bed would be dependant on how bad it was.