i lost my job

my seasonal job that i have in the summer as been eliminated. i got the call today. they terminated 23 positions and mine was one of them. i'm a single mother and not sure what i'm going to do. i've been applying to other jobs and haven't heard a thing. i'm so upset
Does where you live have a workforce commision or network? Where I am it is run by the state and they help you find a job and even help with re-training. I am currently being re-trained to be a teacher. And my sister got help from them to go thru nursing school. They might can help you find a job if you have one where you live.
i'm in college right now. i graduate in april right before my job usually starts. so not sure what would happen if i do find something like that. i can't really retrain in something else. well i could but that would make me sad to waist 3 years in college allready then go retrain for something else. my job though is the first to be cut. it's the arts and heritage so that's always the first to go
wow, sorry about that. Your right to retrain would be a waste of a good education. I wish you the best of luck. You might could ask your professors about any jobs they know of.
@EliteUser (3971)
Hey, I know what you mean, I do feel for you to. For many other people, this same thing has happened or will happen. I think that this is mainly because of the Financial Crisis that is going on at the moment. If this financial crisis wouldn't be around right now, I reckon that almost everyone will still have their jobs. I just hope that you will get your job back, cheer up, it wont last much longer hopefully.
sorry to heat that. i've losted my 4-years job, but i owned one 3 months later. Don't be upset, take it easy, just still trying ,best wishes for u.
This seems to be something that you hear more and more these days. The jobs in our town are becoming very scarce. Jobs that used to be posted in our local paper for weeks at a time are quickly filled. Those lack luster jobs are being filled quickly. I had thought about looking for a part-time job to help with our bills and there aren't any to be had. Keep your chin up my dear, you aren't in this alone. Big huggers to you.
@zedlav23 (458)
I guess too many sorry's and sadness has been told. And what i can say to you poppoppop111 is to cheer up! It's not yet the end of the world, sometimes it's a lot easier for us to accept things if we take it with a smile and a hopeful heart. Our worries of the future is just a waste of our present energy so don't waste yours. Just live one day at a time but don't forget to be diligent and efficient.
I'm so sorry about that. I wish could be more of help but I'm just an ordinary person. Maybe, you have to be patient that someone will call you back as you said, you have applied to other jobs. You could go online and search more for some jobs available in your area. It doesn't have to be related in your former field of work. It could maybe something that you could try at least temporarily until you become stable again. Try to get some help from the local government, maybe they have some programs that help those who have been laid off. Don't lose hope. I'm sure you could find some opportunity. Just strive and be patient and be a positive thinker. Good luck.
@dodo19 (26632)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I'm really sorry to hear about this. And you have every right to be upset. I can't say that I blame you for that. I'm sure I would be too. I think that the only thing that you can really do right now is to apply for other jobs, and hopefully, have some support from your family. These types of situations are never easy.
@luvmysons (497)
I am so sorry. times are just so hard right now. My husbands job is on the rocks as well and he has been applying places and hasnt heard back from anything either. I really hope things work out for you soon and you get another job. Good Luck