I'm really getting tired of her.

My mother in law that is. Back in January we had to have the police escort her out of the apartment for good because she beat me up really bad. We're trying to get away from her, and we're not giving her our new address because we don't want her causing a scene in front of our new landlord. I had to, very reluctantly, give her my cell number so she could still contact us, she still wants to see the cat that's not hers anymore. I put on a happy face when she does come by, although I want nothing to do with her as she's certifiably crazy and needs to be put away for a long time. You see, January wasn't the first time she beat me up, but it was the last time. The previous time she beat me up, she actually bit me in the back. The police just looked the other way when they came, as if they couldn't care less. But when she beat me up for a second time on the same day in January, they had no choice but to take her away, but they didn't take her to jail, where she should have been. I hope for my safety that she doesn't try anything tomorrow, she's coming back to get her garbage out of our apartment so we can finish getting packed up to move ourselves in 2 weeks. My life will be more stress free when we don't have to deal with her, and I can choose to ignore any calls she makes to me, so I have options there. I would really like to leave the city and be that much farther away from her, but I don't have the means to do so. It's bad enough to stress out about financial issues, but it's even worse when I have to fear for my safety when she decides to meddle into my life. Anyone else have a mother in law from hell?
@spalladino (17925)
Wow, she sounds terrible! I'm glad you're getting away from this woman...your safety must come first. Is there any way that you can be someplace else when she comes by to get the rest of her things? I sure wouldn't want to risk another attack from someone who acts like she does.
She wont be here alone, there will be 3 or 4 other people here when she gets her stuff out, so I am not worried about that right now. I will just be happy when all of her stuff is out and we can continue to pack up our stuff.
@lynnemg (4539)
I hope that your husband is supporting you with this situation. I hven't had to deal with that, thankfully. My ex-mother-in-law was merely a hypocrit and she loved to start rumors and touble for anyone and everyone.My current mother-in-law doesn't bother me. Are the police supposed to be there when she gets her things? If not, I would ask them to be, just as a precaution. After that, I would cut off communication with her. You said she has your cell phone number, so if she needs something important, she can leave you a message.
Exactly. That is exactly why I gave her my cell number. I can easily turn off the phone if I do not want to talk to her. No escort needed as there will be more than enough people around to keep her quiet tomorrow.
@KrauseHome (35526)
Wow!! I will be Praying for you and your situation. I would think that you would have thought about protection in advance if something happens when she is around, and if I were you, I would be glad to be moving somewhere where she does not know where I am as well. All I can say, is I will be Praying for this situation, and wishing you the Best.
I tried getting a Peace Bond on her, but without an address they could not serve her with papers. We tried to get her a psychiatric assessment but again, with no address, they could not pick her up. I tried to lay charges against her, but same thing happened. There is nothing I can do anymore but let her get her stuff and have her out of my life.