Family partys

@Margajoe (4720)
Germany
Do you like going to family party's? Or do you feel it is more like a "must". What do you like or don't like about family get together's? Thank-you, take care.
@faith210 (11233)
Hi Margajoe dear! I do love attending parties being given by my own family. I always enjoy being with my brothers and cousins. I love playing with my nieces and nephews. But the parties that my in laws usually give are the ones that i really am not comfortable attending. I have some sad experience with some relatives of my husband and attending their parties gives me a heavy heart most of the time. Take care and blessings to you. lovelots..faith
@Margajoe (4720)
I know that feeling. I had that when I was married. They were always trying to change me. I was never good enough. With the BF I have know it is different. I am still nervous when I have to go to family get togethers. I always try to find a way out. But, once I am there, its nice. Like yesterday. But, it is nice that you have a good connection with your family. Take care, blessings, have a great day.
@Margajoe (4720)
Thank-you for commenting Faith. Take care.
@ryzach (1546)
I like our get togethers, we have fun play games, and eat. Most of the time it is with my husbands side of the family. My parents are gone and my siblings do not live in town.
We have to leave town to see most of our family on either side. I do have a sister, niece and great niece in town, but they go to the out of town gatherings as well.
@Margajoe (4720)
Most of the time family get together's are with my BF's family as well. My family lives in Holland, that is not as easy to go too. And we never had family get together's, seeing as we have only a small family. Thank-you both for commenting. Have a nice day.
@eagle_f15 (2054)
I am not a party person so family parties are also out for me. Once in a long while is okay but too often is not okay for me. There's only my husband and me in our apartment and we do meet up with his mum/dad/sisters for dinners once in a while especially when either his parents come back to our hometown. Wherelse I do go over to my mum's place to hang out for about like an hour or so to catch up on things but I also rarely go over for dinners. Just prefer to stay in the comfort of my own home...kinda homebody I am and don't really like to be around a lot of people....geesh....does this sound weird?
@Margajoe (4720)
Nope, does not sound weird to me. I like party's, but I don't like the party's "I must" go too. And I don't like to many, I need to be able to come back to earth so to speak. I normally get very tired at party's. First I have trouble hearing people correctly, when I hear voices, they all seem to blend together, which makes it harder to understand. And know I also need to listen well because of the language. Then comes that I see to much. I am sensitive to what people are thinking and feeling. This is not always a good thing. It can make a person get confused easily. So, yes I can understand. I like being at home too. But then again, once I get myself out the door, I normally enjoy the party. Take care.
@arunmails (3013)
Yes, I like to family party nowadays, because, now I am at 25.... so, if I go to family parties, I can see some of our relative girls, so that if they are liked by me.. and if I am liked by themselves.. I can have a chat and goes on for marriage... but still now I am not able to find a right match...
@Margajoe (4720)
Thank-you for commenting. Family party's for finding girls, seems a bit weird to me. You cannot marry relatives, or can you? I have understood that it is not healthy to marry relatives. One the internet you can find a partner too. Good luck, take care. Have a nice day!
@zhuhuifen46 (3486)
I like family get togethers, actually I am often the initiator. For the one child policy, each family has only one child, if not for the cousins, they will feel lonely. I meet with my sisters and my son has good time with his cousins. Our happy meetings are our mother's holidays. We have family photos whenever possible. Relationships need be cultivated through concrete activities. And we not only share joys, also help each other whenever there is a need.
@Margajoe (4720)
Sounds like you have a very loving family. Helping each other and sharing. I never heard of the one child policy before. Though I myself am an only child too. Thank-you for commenting. Take care, have a nice day.
@bbsr13 (4198)
Hello! Every year we organise a family party mostly in January.On that day all the relatives and family friends come to our house and have their lunch with us.For that reason we cook some special dishes to suit to everybody's choice.The intention behind the get-together is to keep in touch with everybody whom we love.thanx.
@Margajoe (4720)
That is nice. It is better to keep in touch with everybody, especially the ones that we love. Thank-you for commenting. Take care, have a nice day.
I really enjoy most of my family get togethers. Many of my family have passed away and so I try to see the rest of the family whenever I can. I like them much better than most other people.
@Margajoe (4720)
That is nice, when you have family that you enjoy being with. Thank-you for commenting. Take care. Have a nice day.
@zandi458 (27952)
I think it is a necessity to attend to family parties. It is the only time where we get to meet relatives whom we have not meet. Family parties are a get together for all relatives from far and near.
@Margajoe (4720)
That is what my BF says too. You are right, it is better to attend family parties. This way you get to know the family better. Thank-you for commenting. Take care, have a nice day.
@fasttalker (2797)
I love family get-togethers. It gives us a chance to catch up on everyone and see how everyone is doing. We have a family reunion every year and I really enjoy seeing everyone and finding out what is going on with them. If you have a big family it keeps you informed on everyone.
@Margajoe (4720)
A big family seems to be something very nice. My BF has a big family too. They have family reunions once a year as well. I have been to two of them, this year will be the third. I must say, I was pretty nervous the first time, but once there it is fun. Thank-you for commenting. Take care, have a nice day.