Blackbird taking a bath

@katsalot1 (1619)
I have been sitting at my computer for about 10 minutes, and I have been watching a lady blackbird having a bath through the window. She has only just finished! Most of the water that was in the birdbath is now on the ground - she did so much splashing! It's lovely to be able to watch, I wish I'd had my camera ready, then I could have posted a photo to share. Do you have a birdbath?
@srganesh (6349)
No!We don't have a birdbath in our house.Just use to have a bowel of water in the terrace for the birds.One can see a lot of birds coming in to quench their thirst.No bar,if they wish to have a bath.You have a great taste to watch a bird bathing.By the way,how did you know it is a 'she' bird?
@katsalot1 (1619)
Lady blackbirds are a browny black, and they don't have an orange beak!
@peavey (15865)
I don't have a regular bird bath, but I have the bowl to what was a fountain that I try to keep water in for them. They drink from it, but they also get into it and bathe. I love to watch them! I wish you'd had your camera ready, too.
@peavey (15865)
Thanks for "best response."
I have a birdbath but I truthfully dont see birds in it very often. I think I have only seen a bird taking a bath in their once or twice. I like birds and think they are really sweet. I have more often seen birds at the feeder, but they seem to not be that interested in my birdbath. I think they bathe elsewhere.
@katsalot1 (1619)
Maybe you have a neighbour with a de-luxe birdbath, or perhaps they only use it when there is no-one around.