Please help me before I end up unemployed!!!!

@dloveli (4369)
Recently I got hired at a new job. It really is a good deal. I knew something wasnt right from almost the very beginning. FIrst off the owner is a rude mother. He doesnt care who you are he just lets anything come out of his mouth. Secondly, I have the girl who I guess you could say is the manager, thinks she's the Sh*t because she makes the schedule and has the owner thinking that she is an angel sent from heaven. At first I thought it was just me being a little jealous because I am used to being the one who is in control. I kept quiet. Then I come in and look at the schedule and realize that she has now switched me from 32 to 40 hours. When asked she said that she didnt think it was fair to the guy that was hired after me. First off he was hired to pick up the slack and now Its been decided that I have to alternate hours with him. So every other week we dont eat? As I realized she is loving the control. I am ready to kill this B*tch! If I do anything It will make me look like the bad guy. I am telling you I feel like quitting and slapping her so hard. I know that isnt the right thing. But it would feel so good!lol What do you think I can do to make me feel better and keep my job?
@haiershen (1084)
if you like this job, you should change you attitude, if you don't like it,don't hesitate to find another job.
@dloveli (4369)
I am confused. Why should I change my attitude? I havent made any drama, complaints, etc. I never miss a day of work. The customers love me. SHe is the one feeling threatened by the fact that I am fairly new and I am already being asked to fill in for people. You have backwardss my friend. I am the one who is putting up with someone who doesnt want anyone else to do a good job. She wants every one to fail so she can look better. I may have to find another job but not because of attitude. dl
@Boofybutt (316)
I would suggest looking for another job on your off days (hopefully, you'd be able to find one), then on your very last day, tell them both exactly what you think of them. It won't help you keep your job, but at least you'd feel better, and maybe they'd be better for the next person to take your place. Sorry that I can't be more helpful, but every place I've ever worked, I've been known as the mouthy one. I tend to just say what I think when I'm thinking it. I have a dysfunctional filter between my brain and my mouth. I hope it gets better for you. Maybe, if you don't quit, after you've been there awhile, it'll get better. You could try to have a calm and civilized conversation with both of them, and let them know what the problem is. If you were hired for specific hours, let them know that, and that you did not sign-up for all of the crap that they are doing. Really you can get treated like SH*T anywhere you don't need it from them.
@dloveli (4369)
I intend on looking for another job on my days off. THe sad part is that I really like working there. I think that for now Iam going to keep to myself as far as the employees are concerned. Also we dont ever work with any one else. The shifts are set up to be one person. I love that. I am loving the solitude. It so quiet. The people are so awesome too. THis is the main reason I dont just up and quit now. I am not going to be run out of a place that so many people respect and need me. Just because of some twit that cant take the fact that she isnt the big Kahuna. Hell no I aint goin no where!!!dl
@subha12 (18453)
It is very bad. Actually many people feel the same like this.Like in my company I am not new. But in this current project, people are taking advantage of me.They force me to do all work and blame goes on me.
@winterose (39918)
change your attitude, if you don;t like it there go somewhere else to work but if you want to work there change your attitude, that is the only way you will be happy there.
@skysuccess (8882)
dloveli, Considering the situation today, I would consider you lucky to have gotten a job. Unfortunately, you are not having a pleasant time there, also I take it that you are having a drop on your position in this present company. Well, as much as I hate to say it, but I hope that you could swallow the pill for now and see if you could adapt and accept the current job that you are having. I think all of us are not having a good time. Bosses are feeling edgy with unhealthy margins and returns whilst worker will feel that they are paid lesser and working a lot more. However, I think we need to be sensitive and understand that it is happening everywhere. Could you be assured if your next boss will be better than the current one? Working hours, to be at optimum? I just do not think so, as more companies are cutting back on their labor to stay viable and alive. So, I am encouraging you to grit your teeth and stick to the fight for now. Take it easy on them and on yourself as well if you can help it. If not, then I suppose it will be back to your drawing board and waiting for another job interview. Have a nice day.
@dloveli (4369)
THat's exactly what I am doing right now! I am grinning and bearing it. Its very hard to find gainful employment at this time. I would be crazy to quit! Unfortunately I believe you are absolutley right about gritting my teeth. My mouth is so sore from gritting my teeth soo much. lol All in all you are absolutely correct. I am glad you took the time to answer my discussion. It means alot. thanks sky! You're the best. dl
dloveli, Great to know that you are going positive here. I can assure you that your efforts will pay dividends for you eventually. “Stay the course, light a star, Change the world where'er you are.” - Richard Le Gallienne Be inspired and take care. Thanks for the BR here too.
@Yori88 (1468)
Go ahead and resign before you end up being the victim. I think if you can no longer stand the situation the best thing to do is to move. It is not a sign of giving up or losing but rather it is courage because you have the guts to look for a better job. Wish you all the best. Hope you can solve your problem asap.
@dloveli (4369)
Thanks Yori! However the problem is the I love the job,customers etc. I just feel like killing her. I have learned that good comes to those who wait. I have been waiting a long time. If I were t quit, she wins. THat will never happen on my watch! Thanks for sharing. At least If I had to resign, I would know that someone would understand. dl
well, why not try to look for a job online..there are a lot online jobs awaits you..Posting here in mylot is already a job..just stay active and participate more in the discussion so that you will not find hard to earn a living..Just be patience..Be patience.
Start looking for another job since they plan on giving you lots of free time. People like the type you work for are on power trips and only are nice to people who kiss their A$$ or people who are as twisted and evil as them. I know what you are going thew and it doesn't get any easier when your dealing with psycho power hungry people, it get's worse infact, because once they think they can get away jerking you around once they think they can pull even more crap on you and you will just sit there & smile and take it!.Just find another job asap then put in your two week notice. Life is too short then to put up with peoples power hungry head games and you don't have to take it!
@dloveli (4369)
I plan to do just that! On my days off I am goin to look for another job. If the second job is better, bye bye for the first one. Let her realize how good I was. In truth, I dont really want to quit. I love helping the customers. I am going to stick it out as long as I can without getting into it with her or anybody for that matter. She is an aggrivation to me but not enough to change my life decisions for. Thanks again dl
@bing28 (3798)
Try to bear with the unfavorable situation first. Do all the best you can do, to impress and please everyone. Give your views or your side in a polite way in case you feel there's a need too. If nothing change or no improvements then you can look for another job where you feel comfortable working.
wow....if you can not keep th ework,change other one.you just work for her,bnot be contriled by her,i think she owon some kinds of sike,liking control other boby. suggest you quit the job
I'd try to pick up some kind of extra job on your time off. Something that you get paid under the table with like babysitting, pet sitting or house sitting. You can make quite good money doing that kind of thing and it's not taxed. Or, on your days off try and find a job that you can do on your days off that is paid hourly. Or, just take the time on your days off to find a better job and one that isn't so nightmareish. It may be difficult but you will have to find something to do.
@lynnemg (4539)
I have been through something very similar. The new :manager" took it upon herself to chage not only my agreed upon hours, but also my position. I knew that she was on a power-trip, and I also knew that she felt threatened by me, since I had more knowledge of her job than she did, I just didn't want the hassle that came with it. She was a horrible boss and played favorites with those that would suck up to her while she crapped on those of us who actually went in there and did our jobs! I knew the game she was playing quite well, and she wasn't getting the best of me. I steadily looked for a new job, which is what I highly suggest that you do. For me, I got married and planned a huge move, 900 miles away, before I was able to get another job, but, I still got her pretty good. We had a meeting the day that I knew was to be my last. We were told that if we weren't at the meeting, we were fired. I was scheduled to be at work at 5 a.m., but my alarm didn't go off, because we had lost power in the middle of the night, so, I was going to be late. I called, she was furious and told me not to bother going in. I said, "Okay, I won't be at the meeting either." She said, "Well, if you aren't there, you're fired!" I said, "Nope, I quit." So, as I said, I highly recommend looking for another job. I doubt that this woman is going to quit messing with you any time soon. People like that just think that they can do whatever to whomever and those people will just tolerate it because they need the job. Well, you were looking for one when you found that one. It is harder right now to find a job, and that is why I think it is important to begin looking now. The sooner you get out of that place, the better. In the meantime, if you are looking for a job elsewhere, you can feel better knowing that soon, you will be done with that woman.
@sbeauty (5870)
Do your best to keep this job, and look for another one while you're still working at this one. Lots of times on the job you have to bite your tongue because of something someone says or does to you. If you value the job and the paycheck, the mature thing to do is to ignore the person and keep on doing the best job you know how. You have to realize that there is always going to be someone you clash with at every job you have in life, so make up your mind to deal with them rationally. Content yourself in knowing that these people usually end up getting what they deserve in the end.
@jillhill (37383)
Oh...well here you go girl! I have a few like that where I work..the bosses fav is someone who has a brown nose from sticking it you know where.....she get everything she wants before anyone else....so what I do is when I go in I think of my life I have here at home and basically ignore all of them. I do a very good job when I am there, then come home and work my butt off so I can get out of that place! I also have a few I would love to slap but it's not worth it! So I quietly go my way....keep my secret about my personal life and when I get home I work like h*ll on my own stuff! LOL
@sudalunts (5526)
Some people take advantage of the control or power they have, and if the see that it is getting to you they will drive the nail in harder. I suggest you stick with the job. Jobs are hard to find these days. you did not mention what you were doing, but try to count to ten everytime she seems like she is throwing her weight. I do not know your financial situation, but remember, you need them, more than they need you. Try to hold on, as you look for another job, when you have the time. You know that the new kid on the block always have to be tested.
@bmorehouse1 (1029)
First of all, no job is perfect. Second of all you need to realize when you work for someone else, that you are under their control - like it or not. Talk to the other guy and see how he feels about the schedule. If he doesn't like it, then maybe you two could work together to make the schedule better for both of you and then present the suggestions to the person making the schedule. Be flexible. Show them that you can do your job and be pleasant about it. At least you have a job. A lot of people would be happy to take it over for you, I'm sure. Best wishes!
@Lakota12 (42684)
ok from the way you have put it here looks like you picked up hours or is this fro every 2 weeks time if you have to share. I think that is not fair to you as you was hired first and was to be ful time and he was hired to pick up the slack. DOnt kinow what is on this womens mind. BUt ya have to think around it some how. Or go find another job before you quit this one!
I think you have two choices suck it up and eat or quit and go hungry. That may sound harsh but there are too many people who would do anything to have a job. They would not let someone keep them from work because they did not think they were getting treated nice enough.
I can understand your frustration. Keep in mind that the moment you are under employment, you have lost your complete freedom and in these times of recession, every employment matters. I will only request you to keep you cool and keep looking for other jobs. You can always come to us for comfort and advice but don’t open you mouth there.
@j4ck_86 (102)
Hmm.it is hard to tell.but believe it or not,you can find this kind of people in almost all office.what can I suggest?Probably you should just be patient,try to find opportunities to show them your capability.try to find activities to buy your own time.or try to hang out with your friends after the working time. Also,you must also be smart.take any chance to prove that she is not as good as she appears. It's hard but it's worth fighting for. Keep up working. I hope this can help you deal with the situation