first box to afgahanastan!

@ANTIQUELADY (36489)
my good friend's son is in afghanastan, bless his heart. i went to the grocery & got quite afew things to send him. think that's the least any of us can do. if u don't know anyone who is over there u can send one anyway. don't think it would be hard to find somone who has someone over there. my box weighed 9 lbs. his mom laughed & said what in the world did u send him. i told her a little bit of everything. has anybody else sent a box for anyone???
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
That was such a sweet gewsture to make. That young man will feel so special and it was so kind of you to think of him. It must have been fun to fill it with odds and ends from home that he cannot get out there. I do hope that he will be o.k. I saw on the Nancy Grace show last night that a young 22 year old gorl got killed. My heart went out to her parents and all of her family. God bless them and help them all.
@ANTIQUELADY (36489)
thank you & thanks for your response. i did have fun getting it together. i hope he likes it. if there are things in there that he doesn't i told him to share w.his buddies. i'm sure some of them never get a box that;s over there. hope u have had some better news,
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
No, Rachel's visa does not allow her to be hire3d by a private school. It is not looking good but she has retained the services of another layer who has more experience . However, she has had two interviews by phone. One from Britain and opne from Dubai. Dubai is about 5 hours from Iraq and I really do not want her to go there althought my DIL is there teaching. I would prefer her to go to the U.K. where she has two aunts and numerous cousins to assist her in settling down. She has visited there sevceral tiomes but visiting and working somewhewre is different. It is just so sad for her as she loves her school and community and does not want to leave. You have mnillions of illegal immigrants and then you have Rachel - a hard working, highly educated person who is an assett to her community. Life can hurt as we both know.
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
She heard from her lawyer yesterday and he said that the Head of the Human Resources Dept. has made two mistakes. We are praying so hard but there may be a glimmer of hope. I"ll let you know what happens. Keep praying!
@suzzy3 (8362)
I don't know anybody out their but what a good idea.It must seem like christmas for them when they receive a box .How do you go about it,I am in England and did not know about this type of venture.xxx
@ANTIQUELADY (36489)
hi suzzy, well this started out that i was just sending a good friend's son a box, different ones mentioned that they'd ike to do something so i just thought how nice it would be if mylotter's joined in. i know there are probably guys & girls that don't ever get a box of goodies. i don't know how to tell u in england how to go about it. let me see if i can find out anything. thanks for your inrterest .
@suzzy3 (8362)
Let me know thanks.xx
@ANTIQUELADY (36489)
i didn't find out how to go about it. i will ask my friend whose son is over there if he knows how to get a name. she gets to talk to him quite often. one lady had a army base close by here & she was going to check there. have a good one, syzzy.
that is a very nice thing that you did.Every one will be jealous of him.He will love receiving this as well he will know how much you love and miss him.I think that i will find someone to send one to.
@ANTIQUELADY (36489)
that would br great. i bet some of them never get one. wish i could find someone that wasn't receiving boxes i'd send them one to. it's got to make them feel better.
@riyasam (16578)
thats a sweet thing you did!!i have send parcels to my cousins and they have really appreciated it.one of them is staying alone in the states for his management studies and he was doubly happy.
@ANTIQUELADY (36489)
well , u are sweet to do that. i know they appreciate getting packages & what's in it. i just hope they realize alot of love goes in those boxes to.
@guybrush (4661)
My daughter's fiance is in Afghanistan at the moment also, and she loves sending 'Care Parcels' to him. She sends photos of their dog, his favourite chocolate biscuits ... all sorts of bits and pieces. He loves receiving them, and so do all the other lads and girls over there. It's nice for them to know we are all thinking of them and wanting them home soon.
@ANTIQUELADY (36489)
that's great. i think u mentioned once before he was over there. i think everybody ought to send a box after all they are there to protect us. i told ian to share w/his buddies & i'm sure he will. i think they just do that & that's great. i'm sure there are some guys that don't ever get a box. thanks for your response. have a happy thursday.
@salonga (28016)
How nice of you to extend your good heart up to Afghanistan! I'm sure your good friend's son will we blessed and delighted. We know how it is to be in the war zone and knowing that someone thought of him and took time out to send him a little bit of everything will give him a big joy.God bless your heart my friend! I do send box to my friends and relatives on special occasions like, Christmas birthdays and anniversaries. I also send boxes to indigent children whenever I have the resources.
@ANTIQUELADY (36489)
i told him if there was things he didn't want to share w/his buddies. i think they share anyway. it is sweet of you to send boxes to .he has just goten over there & i tried to send things he could use as well as eat.his mom kept telling me not to spend the money , she knows i don't have a bunch but i wouldn't mind doing w/out something to make someone happy that is so far away from home. have a good night. thanks for your response.
@underdogtoo (9599)
That is a good gesture. Cheers!!
@ANTIQUELADY (36489)
thank you. it's the least we can do when they are over their risking their lives for us.