St. Pete Beach area, Florida

@Jennlk84 (4219)
Have any of you ever been to St. Pete beach Florida or the surrounding areas? Some of those areas include St. Petersburg, Clearwater, and Tampa. My fiancee and I just booked our honeymoon here for this summer. I'm just wanting opinions from people who have traveled there and must see and must do things!!
I went to Clearwater in 2007. St Pete and Clearwater aren't really "happening" areas. Clearwater especially is a small town with not much traffic. I think it would be really romantic and relaxing for a honeymoon. I would recommnend a restaurant called Gators in Treasure Island, FL. It was really fun and we even went back one night for some great free live music. They have gator meat on the menu if you are feeling adventurous. Also near that area is John's Pass Village. It is a wonderful little shopping center with bars and restaurants at night. They also have boat trips and dolphin excursions in the day. We didn't spend much time in Tampa so hopefully another user can help you with that one. Have and wonderful honeymoon!
@Jennlk84 (4219)
Thank you for the advice! Where is John's Pass Village near?
I remember seeing that Pink hotel, so I do not think it is to far from where you are staying, in fact I am pretty sure it is on the same road. They have a website www.johnpass.com
@Jennlk84 (4219)
awesome, thanks!
@sandymay48 (2031)
Hello there Jennlk84...Yes I have been to st Petes...We actually stayed at the holiday inn but spent a lot of time at the DOn Cezar seeing how the other half lived. We sat by the outside tiki bar and ordered drinks and pretended we were staying there. We toured through the hotel and its lovely. Very pricey indeed!..THey had lots of activities there including beach walks. ALso there was a chocolate store near by where you could buy fudge. I cant remember the name of it but thought it was really cool because they got all their customers to write their names and where they were from on the ceiling. We also went on a boat trip out to an island and saw dolphins. We really enjoyed the trip as there are so many things to do there. I hope you have a great time as im sure you will!
@Jennlk84 (4219)
how fun!! These are all great suggestions, thank you! I'm very excited about the Tiki bar at the Don Cesear. Heck I'm excited about the whole trip and the price we got it for. lol I would love to go on some kind of boat tour. I'm hoping we can find one that is awesome but not too expensive.
THe boat tour was very reasonable. Now grant you it was about 12 years ago, but we only paid $10 each..it was a great trip. Dolphins followed the boat, they took us by famous mansions that were used in movies and dropped us off on a desserted island..all for $10