Phew! Panic Over!

@jazzsue58 (2668)
I've started having PC problems over the last few days. For some reason the fan has been running slow (guess I should invest in one of those water-powered Korean jobs!) and as a result my whole system keeps crashing. Last night, it happened when I was half-way through copying my second task so I could submit it. In desperation, I pulled the plug and rebooted, but it was still ohhhh so slow - plus I had to recover my document and copy it again. By the time I'd got back to the Tasks section of MyLot, my time had expired - by just 3 minutes. Doh! (Actually, this being very late at night and waaaayyyy past my bedtime, I used language somewhat stronger) I rather rashly grabbed the last task available, a school Bus project, and then went to bed. By the time I got the school run out of the way, the screen said I had less than one hour left. I was convinced I'd had two hours, but still ... Darn it if my system didn't start crashing again! Even MS Word wouldn't work. By the time I'd finally got my 4 paragraphs done (Wikipedia being precious little help as Ford was the one company it DIDN'T list) I was convinced I'd be an abandoned case again. Only ... when I finally managed to log on, I still had 57 minutes left! Evidently, the timer had hit a glitch and I had been right, after all. Trouble is, I rushed it a bit and used no end of waffle to fill up my last paragraph, so I've a feeling this one will be sent straight back to me with a "D-" grade attached. No way to edit, once that submit button's been pressed, is there? Anyone else out there got tales of frustration and woe to tell, regarding their tasks? (or, indeed, MyLot in general)
@Darkwing (21588)
It sounds as if you need to get in there and clean your fan, my friend. It's probably gunked up and therefore, overworking. Yes... I've had problems with a slow computer before now and it's most frustrating. In the end, I switch it off and let it cool down whilst I sleep. I just can't be bothered with it when I'm tired. Brightest Blessings.
@jazzsue58 (2668)
That sounds about right - it sure hhas been making some funny noises! I've had my puter a good year now - time for its MOT methinks. It has been alright today, but I'm not taking any chances. When hardware goes wrong, it's big bux. Oh, but by the way - they accepted all my tasks! Guess waffle is ok so long as it's mixed with plenty of keywords.
@Darkwing (21588)
Oh, that's great that they accepted all your tasks. Yes, my computer gets to the stage it needs cleaning out sometimes. Gabs taught me how. She used a cotton bud on hers, unscrewed the sides of the modem, and cleaned the inside out, including the fan. It was fine after that, and very little expense.
@littleowl (7157)
Hi jazzsue, you cut yourself too short, maybe because of all the hitches and yyou having to write the task as quickly as you could it could well be accepted..don't keep thinking you are not good enough at these tasks, you are probably as good as a lot of us who also get ourselves accepted even though we may not know the subject we are doing...hugs littleowl
@jazzsue58 (2668)
I made the 'hare and tortoise' mistake. Accepted the tasks, then decided 8 hours was loadsa time to go to the gym, have a drink afterwards, switch the telly on, languish over a Sangria-and-sandwich whilst watching "All Creatures Great and Small" ... Okay, own up time. Puter problems aside, 8pm to 8 am the following day is, er, 8 hours, right? Wrong. Yes, I know that NOW. Damn hormones. Damn menopausal moments!
@jazzsue58 (2668)
Well, whatever I thought of it, MyLot seemed to think it was worth accepting! Still, it's no bad thing to be self-critical. I've just been accepted onto Words of Worth, so I consider MyLot good training indeed.