I thought she'd want to..how wrong was I?

@ersmommy1 (12600)
Today my hubby doesn't have to be at work until 3 pm. My daughter is still on spring break. We arranged for my BF to take our infant son. We were going to take her around town doing some neat things. We have the Arch, petting zoo, etc. Today would be THE day.The answer was a big NO. She wanted to go hang with BF and she didn't want to leave her little brother. SO needless to say, that is where she is headed. Have you ever been totally wrong about what you thought you kids or other family member wanted? What was it?
That speaks well of a family connection. I think you should be proud that she wants to spend time with her brother. Can't think of many families where a kid would pass on going out and doing something fun just to spend time with their sibling.
@stephcjh (32327)
Yes. We have made plans with my daughter also but she is 17 years old now and she would rather hang out with her friends than with her mom and dad. We planned to go out and take her to eat also.
@mtdewgurl74 (18118)
That happens sometimes. I am surprised though she didn't want to see the zoo animals. I hope your friend didn't mind that she wanted to spend time with her. I think that this happens a few times in everyones lifetime.
@lilybug (21148)
I think just about every time I think I know what one of my kids wants I turn out to be wrong. My daughter especially. She is only 2 though, so I will give her a little bit of slack there. I hope your daughter had a good time hanging out with her little brother and your best friend.
@Jae2619 (1484)
My 6 year old is like that from time to time. He always says he wants alone time with Mom, and Dad with out his little 18 month old sister, so we try to make that work for him, and every time we go out of our way to make that go down, he's lonely and missing his little sister. I figure we'll keep trying and one of these days he'll find something he likes and will enjoy it and have the day he wants. I know he usually only says those things when his mad at his sister but I think each child needs that time away to do things with the parents alone. Maybe next time she will go with you all, and have the time of her life.
@la_chique (1499)
Dont worry about it. My parents would always try to arrange to do things when I was in my teens when all I wanted to do was go and hang out with friends. Its just the social lives of kids :)