I'm trying an experiment

@savypat (20247)
We live in the country and we have wasps each summer, they can become quit bothersome and someone always get stung each year. I found at the garden store fake wasp nests, the idea being when a wasp sees these they go else where to build their nest. Do you think this will work?
@greenline (14864)
I have been using "Raid" spray. That works quite well. I can get it at stores like Home Depot.
@katsalot1 (1619)
I shouldn't think it would work because I'm sure that wasps would know if there were other wasps about. They would be able to hear them, smell them and see them. It would be nice if they did work though - I'm allergic to wasp stings!
@savypat (20247)
These were $10.00 each, i told the man I'd bring them back if they didn't work. He just laughed but I know this store and they will stand behind what they sell.
@rocketj1 (6960)
That is cool! Let's just hope they don't think it's a vacant "fixer upper" and move in! LOL Let us know how it works for you!
@rocketj1 (6960)
Thanks for the best response!
@la_chique (1499)
I'm not sure if that will work, but my bf smoked out a wasp nest at my mother in laws a couple of yrs back and that works. Be careful though cos I think they can be quite dangerous when they're mad. I've never been stung and I'm really glad I havnt.
@savypat (20247)
brave man, I use raid spray.
@snowcat46 (2323)
I have no idea, but anything is worth a try! Those wasps are a terrible nuisance! Let me know if they work, cause we buy lots of spray every year, and spend a lot of time using fly swatters too.
@riyasam (16578)
oh,thats nasty but anyways you can try the experiment.hope it brings positive results.here there is problem of mosquitoes and i have to always use an anti repellant cream.
@Opal26 (17691)
Hey pat! I don't know! But, please do let me know if they work! I am very allergic to wasp stings and am deathly afraid to get stung again! I have to get to a hospital immediately and have to carry my epipen with me all summer long! So if those fake nests work I would like to put them up near my apartment building at least so I can sit outside in peace!
@Shar19 (8236)
That is very interesting. I never knew there was such a thing. I'll have to look for them the next time I go to our home garden store. Sounds like it could work. Unless the wasps use their scent to pick up on the real nest. I hope it works for you. Let us know what happens.