The Scarlet Pimpernel!

I just watched the 1935 version of The Scarlet Pimpernel, starring Leslie Howard and Merle Oberon. It is in black and white. I loved the movie, the classic hero and the gorgeous Oberon. have you seen it? Do you like the old black and white movies?
wow, 1935 version! I had seen some old movies on cable channel MGM, like of those West Side Story, Gone with the Wind and Breakfast at Tiffany's but I don't know when were this movies where shown, I mean the year. I love this old movies. I love the romantic once, their dialogues are so deep and I love the outfit. I also get some vocabulary words from the film , I am a novel addict. I will look for that movie when I am not busy.
Many of the great movies are older than many people think. Gone with the Wind was made in 1939!
Gone with the wind is my favorite.
@mrtimharry (1180)
Love the SCarlet Pimpernel, and there have been some real classic movies in black and white. I personally love the Basil Rathbone Sherlock Holmes films from the 1930s and 1940s. There have also been some great films from the early days of colour film, with Errol Flynn being probably my favourite actor from that period.
Errol Flynn and Tyrone Powers had some of the great roles in those days, I love their old movies! Do you prefer Robin Hood, with Flynn, or Zorro, with Power?
Difficult choice would have to say that Tyrone Power would slightly edge it although I still think that the Black Swan was his best film
@Savvynlady (3686)
I'm a lover of classic movies myself; starting when I was a kid in NYC watching them on Chs 5 and 11; then I moved on from there. I haven't watched that particular movie, but have my favorites. Matter of fact, I kept my channel on Turner Classic Movies when I had cable. that was my favorite channel.
TCM has a wonderful event planned for mid April, 15 fans each are going to host their all time favorite movie. Should be fun.