Does the shape of a pill affect how easy it is to swallow it.

@pitstop (5168)
When it comes to swallowing pills the smaller ones are definitely easier than the larger ones. I presently on some pills for a chest infection and cough. For the same sized pills (say paracetamol 500 mg) I find it easier to swallow the oval pills easier than the round ones that sometimes get stuck in my throat! The ones that are film coated or capsules also go down smoother. How do you like your pills or tablets
Yes, I think it does have to do with the shape. Size has alot to do with it and if it has a gel coating or not. If it doesn't and tastes nasty then I have to have alot of water to get the sucker down. If the size is moderate and it is coated then I am better at swallowing it. I think my kids have a psychological thing about swallowing them because each one has had a problem with it since they were quite small.
@pitstop (5168)
Kids absolutely hate any pills!
@cream97 (29175)
Hi pitstop! I like my pills to be capsules, where I can pour it out into my mouth. I don't like the film coated, they tend to be nasty. I like small tasteless pills. I don't swallow pills, I only chew them up. I used to swallow them when I was younger. I can't swallow the pills that are oval. Good for you, I wished that I could.
@pitstop (5168)
I prefer swallowing them to chewing on them as most taste terrible!