What do you keep track of?

I was just wondering, what do people on AC keep track, to give them the drive to keep writing? Est pv's? your fan base? Total number of pv's? I like to keep tabs on my fan base, and est pv's. The est pv's, is what keep me going.
@Trensue (5262)
I don't have much on AC and I don't make much either! I am guessing that the two are related. I also have a tough time getting to the fan base and social part of all this. For example, I don't know how to put a cute smiley in here! I don't know really how to say to a complete stranger on any site, "Do you want to be my friend?" I think that may be the key to making money with AC. Any advice for me is more than welcome!
Writing the articles is where the money is on AC...not in the forums. BUT...making friends on AC is part of your 'growing' as a writer. We help each other there. As far as the forums... just jump in with both feet! We'll be happy to answer ya back! My AC link is in my profile here. Check it out sometime!
@Trensue (5262)
That does sound interesting. I do write on another site where I am currently making about $300 a month. It doesn't seem to require as much networking and fan base. I am certainly going to check out what you have to say. Thanks for the fast and friendly response.
I keep track of the estimated page views, this way I know how much I am going to get paid. I also like looking at my clout index!! The sooner I get to 10 the better and the more I will earn. I have a long long way to go but will keep writing. Luckily I am addicted to helium.com so everything I write for them I submit to AC as well.
Good luck with that clout 10. I've been sitting at 8 for .... it seems like forever but I think it's been about 6-8 months. I've had a major writing slump and haven't written more than an article a month (sometimes not even that much) for a while. 10 seems like a lifetime away
@oscar6 (1939)
I like to keep track of the money ha ha. I also keep track of the page views. I have won two awards so far for being in the top 1000 for page views. I am hoping to hit the top 100 either this year or next. However, I have been writing for this site for five years and still I'm not in the top 100. I am hopeful though.
Truth be told, I wish they'd give us the option of not having the estimated page views running total. Right now I'm showing $8 and some change but come time to get paid I'll probably only get $7, after they validate the page views blah blah blah. So I'd rather just not have it there, taunting me, and when I get the email from PayPal, then I know how much my PPM bonus is that month. That PPM bonus each month is nice but it's the article payments I like even better. Although I haven't been getting much of those lately because I haven't been writing much lately but they're still nice, when they come. It makes me feel all professional
@hcromer (2712)
The only numbers on the site that I really keep my eye on are how much I'm going to get paid at the end of the month in PPV. Sometimes I look through the content that I've published to see if by chance one of my articles with less views have suddenly become more popular and there are a couple of pieces that consistently do well and I just can't figure out why, but it seems to be popular every month.
@Randync (544)
Number of pageviews I could care less about the fan base. I check which articles get a good number of hits per month. Then I try to write similar articles to them.