How do you make all these crafts?

I see people on etsy.com making jewelry. I like to look at them and love to make some for my daughter. I just think that would hurt my eyes a bit. I want to start making something other than bags. I am getting tired of sewing and collecting pouches. Are there any sites where I can learn some new crafts.
@miumew (20)
Maybe take a look at Craftster.org? I haven't looked much at the jewelry section of their forum, but it's a great all around site for finding craft tutorials if you look around a bit.
I am going to open another page right now to see this site. Thanks
@alexsis (2149)
I'm not sure about any sites. But have you tried searching for instructions on Ebay and Etsy?
etsy would be out of the question and so would ebay. What I am going to do is look for magazines at the craft shops. I would really like to find somehting else to do. Thank you Alexsis
@cher913 (25895)
my suggestion would be to go to your local library. sometimes you can get some really great ideas in the craft books there. i found this great book...making jewellry from found objects at the library yesterday.
Now that is a great start to learning something new. Thanks
There are many websites out there with instructions for making all kinds of things. Type in something you are interested in making and then type in how to make and it will take you there or type in instructions for craft projects
@SomeCowgirl (32273)
Well I'm not sure about all crafts but on crochetpatterncentral and it's sister site knitpatterncentral their are instructions on how to crochet. If you just type in "instructions on blah blah blah" then you should find something, of course replacing the blah blah blah. Someone once told me about instructables.com, they have a wide variety of things, so if for nothing else, the site could be a good time waster!
@Canellita (12059)
You should think in terms of expanding your current catalog of offerings. You have bags so look into creating other accessories like belts, scarves and even purse and cell phone accessories.
I agree.... on this too. You already know what you do well. So expand on your line of items you make.
@GhostCat (313)
All the ideas posted are really good. So please try them, but you also might want to take a look at instructables.com, it has some interesting ideas and instructions.
@jillhill (37354)
Heart4Home is a website that has some different crafts with the instructions...you might want to try that!
@venshida (4839)
I know what you mean. I wanted to try different things this year, and I did a search on youtube and found several things. I just need time and money to get started. Give You tube a try, you can probably try tee shirt stenciling or beading.
I agree do searches on "free instructions" "free patterns for....." and see what pops up. You gals were talking bout making a handbag on the other thread so I did a search and found a helpful site craftbits seems ok for ideas. Otherwise I'd check out joining some crafters forums and find some new projects + directions that way. I tired of doing the same ol' things too the hard part is having the money to get all the supplies to try something "new" ya know!?!?