My daughter is texting while doing her room

Why can't she put down that darn phone and focus? Is it that hard to stop texting while cleaning up this mess. How come these kids can just text all day like this. She sleeps with her phone on a pillow by her head. I am worried about her fingers falling off. Does this sound like your kids as well? Have a blessed night
its the times. I have 2 teenage daughters who have recently lost there cell phones due to the economy i cannot afford the bills. They pouted for about 2 weeks. no texting no calling etc. They got over it after all they have my space and face book. fingers wont fall off but there is a study out that kids are getting carpel tunnel from texting.
@miumew (20)
I think texting is becoming a problem with the younger society in general. I hardly ever text, but at school I've often been bumped into by people not looking where they are going because they are too busy texting, and I often see people texting while they are driving and such. I had a roommate that would go to sleep with her phone and wake up every half hour or so to respond to a text. It's seemed to me that technology has caused an obsessive need to be in constant contact with other people all the time.
@Hanan_x3 (294)
Texting is addicting! I can honestly say that. I can't put down my fne even for a few seconds without someone texting me. Its a really easy way of communication. YOu dont need to call up someone just to tell them to come home at 6 u can just text. I love texting. It is the best idea yet!
@di1159 (1580)
You are not alone. I just came from prying the phone out of her hands. She was fast asleep but her fingers were "on the trigger". I try to limit their text time during the week but on the weekends it hard, especially if they are bored at home.
Hi giftsandbagscom. I guess texting has become a part of today's young generation. Most kids are so much into this. My daughter is not so much into texting, though, but she spends so much time chatting with friends on Yahoo Messenger. Her reason, it's easier to type on the keyboard than use the keypad on the cellphone....It gives me a headache! Thanks. Have a great day!
@PrarieStyle (2495)
She's not the only one. I think our country has a new addiction on our hands. I tell my grandchildren I'm going to buy them cell phones so they can text their parents to get some attention. I work at a nursing home and I have seen nurses looking at their cell phones the entire time they are passing out meds. I saw an aid walking looking at his phone in one hand as he was walking with a dirty diaper in the other. Another time I heard two residents yelling "G___ is WALKING" which is a really bad thing because he's not very good at it and is really out of it. I went to look for him and saw an aid go in another room. I followed her and asked if they found him, she said "yeah" as she was looking at her phone. 5 Min. later I found out that she had no idea where he was and never looked for him, he had wandered into the shower room and fallen. The other day I saw a nurse feeding someone as she was texting. I could go on and on, all this in a place where cell phones aren't even allowed on the premises.
@punlonnjack (1309)
my step daughter is the same way.she would do dishes and be on the phone.got on my nerves so bad.