Will you go on using your old cell phone?

@juzitou (161)
I am interested in the newest style of cell phones,but my own cell phone is together with me almost 3 years.Although it's very old and out of fashion long long ago,i don't want to change into a new one.In my opinion,the most important functions the cell phone should have is the message and telephone.My old cell phone has the ability to do them,so i don't want to throw it.I want to know the opinion about the cell phone from all of you! 1:Will you go on using your old cell phone?And tell me why!
@ratyz5 (7829)
Nokia N-Gage - The N-Gage is a mobile telephone and handheld game system based on the Nokia Series 60 platform. It started selling on October 7, 2003. It attempted to lure gamers away from the Game Boy Advance by including cellphone functionality. This was unsuccessful, partly because the buttons, designed for a phone, were not well-suited for gaming and when used as a phone the original N-Gage was described as resembling a "taco".

In 2005, Nokia announced that it would move its N-Gage games capabilities onto a series of smartphones. These devices have been available since early 2007, and a pre-release version of the N-Gage application allowing users to purchase and download games was made available for download from the official N-Gage website on February 4, 2008. The full version of the N-Gage service was released to the public on April 3, 2008.

- wikipedia.org
I got my phone around 2003 and I am still using it up to now. Its Nokia's phased out model of an attempt on mobile gaming, Nokia N-Gage. The very first model of N-Gage that they released. The key pad seems awkward for gaming but, it really is okay once you get the hang of it but, I would prefer to have a head set when I talk because it really looks weird if I don't and place it close to my ear. Its going to be six years old now this coming Novermber and I still like using it. Composing messages with one hand is possible but, it's more accommodating for the right handed.
The answer for myself is yes.I will continue using it as long as it is not too old to send messeges and reply a call.The first mobilephone I used almost for 3 years until my boyfriend ask me to change for a new one.I have a little unwilling to do that,but I still but a new one instead.
@modstar (9610)
Hi juz! My phone is over three years old and i am still using it. My phone is a Nokia 6680. It's old but it pretty much got everything i need like Bluetooth, videocall, expandable memory, music and movie player, internet via 3G and many more. I have no plans of buying another cellphone because this one works perfectly fine.
@kekexinfeng (1303)
I am the same as you,I like my cell phone,and it is so old,it is motorola,and my boyfriend bought it for me,because it was love day!So I love my cell phone,I have used it for about 4 years,and some of the keyboard is not easy to use,but I still cherich it!
@b17105 (8)
As long as it still functions normally, I don't see any need to get a new cell phone. I recently purchased a Blackberry Curve, and though I love it, I find myself only using it to call and message people. I am tech savvy, but I'm frugal too. Haha. I'm too cheap to pay for the data package...$30 extra a month!! I feel like all of the people that have the latest and greatest cell phones are too accessible and they don't like being that accessible all of the time. I guess my question to you is...is your phone so old that it still has the original Snake game on it? Because if that's the case, KEEP IT!! haha.
@juzitou (161)
Yes,there are many original games inside it,but i almost don't play them as i don't like to play!
i will go on using my cellphone ,couse i dont care about the appearence of the phone or the function ,lol
In a way I don't like to upgrade my phone because that means I have to get used to a whole new phone but on the other hand I do like the newer phones because they get better features. I did recently upgrade my phone and I currently really like this phone my old phone I gave to my boyfriend so he could have a newer phone too so we both ended up happy.
Yeah, I do have an old cellphone, I keep it for some sentimental reason, but I lost it just last Thursday, so I'm kinda sad about it.
@csrobins (1125)
Aw, I'm very sorry, I know how that feels.
Hi there juzitou! I still have my old cell phones and I am still using them. I think that for as long as they are still functional, there should be no problem. When I go somewhere that I know is not that safe like there are many snatchers or robbers, I would use my old cell phone. A lot of robbers or snatchers here in the Philippines are easily attracted to new and expensive cell phones. But if you use old cell phones which of course already have low value, you'll be safe using it even in public.
@sql_cell (1429)
I still use my old phone because I can still use and full history.
Hey there! If I don't have a choice I'll still use my old cellphone. The oldest cellphone That I have right now is a Nokia 6600 and it has been with me for two years and a half. I do have a new one, Nokia N93i, I got it last year. I wouldn't throw any old cellphone, as long as it's still working. I'll rather sell them so that I can earn some money to buy a new cellphone. Have a nice day. Happy posting!!
@silverglint (2001)
When I was single, I always follow the lastest style and technologies of cellphones, but I learned to be more practical now that I am a mom. I don't really care about it anymore, I don't mind if my phone is already obsolete, as long as it is functioning the way it should, just like you said, for messages and calls, then I don't care if I will be using it for the next 5 years.
I'll definitely go on using an old phone if its still functional. Why waste money to buy a new phone when your old phone is still alright. New phones with new styles will go out of fashion as well. Sometimes, we don't even use all the functions in the phone. I'll only change my phone if its spoilt.
@specific (156)
• South Korea
Hi ,my friend juzitou.Your name is very interesting ,why do you think of such a name?However i thatnk that you are very humorus.As far as i am concered , i will not continue using my old cell phone.I am in Korea now,mobile phone technology is really advanced here .Many new phone in Korea is free ,so we would change our cell phone oftenly.But the fare is much more higher than that in China.If i were in China,I think that i would not change my phone oftenly,for the price is expensive.And a good phone's functions are good,we do not need to change it oftenly.
@paula27661 (15899)
I love my old phone, it's pink, it does everything I need it to do and it is familiar to me. I have looked at the new ones that are out but so far I have not seen any that I would prefer. So I will stick with my pink phone until something else I like comes along as I see no point changing until then!
@bellaofchaos (11549)
Nope I've updated my phone. I love the newer features and since my old phone is still good if the new one gets broke I have a back up...
@ShellyB (5244)
My cell phone will be with me one year on my birthday, I will go on using it as long as it works, I love to text, and I love making calls but I also like the extras, like camera, calculator and calendar, I like to be able to play games.
@balasri (26553)
I do use it as my personal phone after buying the new one as my office phone.
@cuttyrish (2663)
i would still like to use my old phone, because i love it, and my phone has nice features.. but i can not use it anymore, since i do not have it anymore, i lose it last year..
I think as long as it messages and makes calls it is a good phone. The only reason I get new phones is because my current ones break.
@salonga (27955)
Right you are my dear. The main function of the cellphone is for you to have a gadget whereby you can connect and send message to anyone you wish depending on the need. Those stylish ones that offer a lot of features but at very expensive price do not appeal to me. Like you my cellphone is also old perhaps older than yours. But like yours it is also in good condition, I can text and I can call whenever I need to, I don't find any reason why I would buy a new one when all I need from the cellphone I could already get from my present mobile phone. I am a wise spender. I don't think I should spend so much on cellphones or any gadgets that are not of much importance. I would rather spend my money in buying important things for my home and my family. I know people who could spend so much on the latest cellphone but they don't even have house of their own. I don't think that is wise. Cellphones depreciate easily. It is not jewelry that appreciates value so never would I invest in expensive cellphone. I am already contended with my old but still good Sonny Ericsson mobile.